CrazyBoards.org

**Venting**

So it's the holidays and, before I became ill I enjoyed them. This year the parties and all the forced interactions are just too much. I just want to stay home with the kids and try to enjoy myself with them. I know this is horrible, especially since I complain that I don't have any friends. I just hate this. Let me correct that. I just hate all this Crap at work because I hate these idiots most of all. 

So, Happy Holidays lol. 

• Like 1

happy holidays! I get work completely draining you so that social stuff just sounds like a pain and something you can't handle...or it seems like that might be the situation? I've found myself in a similar situation this year. I had to skip one friend's holiday party because there was absolutely no way I could find the energy for it, and it was on a weekend. The other friend's is 1/2, so it's possible that might work out.

Sorry things don't feel as good this year.

I'm always feeling social since starting my medication, I'm probably not too good at it; I probably have the maturity of a sixteen year old. Thing is though since I'm craving more social interaction I've come to realise just how socially isolated I am and that get me rather depressed. Fortunately, Christmas is about family so it's okay, unlike my birthdays at times.

I've socially isolated myself from everyone but my husband mostly. It's very nice for me in some ways, I honestly don't feel like I need anyone else. What i have an issue with is what if something really bad happens? What if he dies or is hurt becomes brain dead somehow? I don't want to think about that, but I've got no one else and others I don't feel that close to, nor am able to feel that close to. It would kill me. I'm sure of it. 

2 hours ago, saintalto said:

I've socially isolated myself from everyone but my husband mostly. It's very nice for me in some ways, I honestly don't feel like I need anyone else. What i have an issue with is what if something really bad happens? What if he dies or is hurt becomes brain dead somehow? I don't want to think about that, but I've got no one else and others I don't feel that close to, nor am able to feel that close to. It would kill me. I'm sure of it. 

I completely understand and agree with you. That is why I get so frustrated with myself. I need to have more people in my life, but I just can't seem to find the energy for it.