CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
BlurredBoundaries

what are the worst gifts?

I hate to sound ungrateful but I can't help it with this crap. Every single year both of my brothers' wives get me the same damn things.

Fucking bath sets!

Lotions, soaps, sprays, & bath bombs.They smell awful and irritate my skin.

So they just pile up in a box somewhere because I feel terrible throwing them away, and I would feel even more terrible regifting them because I know nobody wants that crap.

To me, it seems those bath sets are the kind of gift someone gets someone else just because it's easy and you get to check that person off your list.

I got a couple of other gifts I don't like that will just clutter up my space but bath shit is the worst

Anyone else?...

What are the worst gifts?

Edited by BlurredBoundaries

hahah  one year my husband got me a ring watch.  It was from the convenience store. I think he paid $9.99.  To this day I say you can get me what ever, I need nothing but please do not ever get me a ring watch.

• Like 2

Lol!

Dragonfly, atleast you can tell your husband the truth - not to buy you any more watch rings.I don't feel I could be honest.

HopefulinWA, I can't lie..that's actually kind of cute

• Like 1

Hey Blurred, why not take all those bath products and donate them to a local homeless shelter? They could likely use them.

• Like 1

Yeah what I got this year was a bunch of nail stuff/makeup that I won't really use. Especially since I just bought myself some makeup earlier this year which is about all I will use (I'm really picky). & It was from my mom, even though I told her a few things that I actually needed this year that wouldn't have cost much. 

I think really anything that shows that the person who is giving it doesn't actually pay attention to what you want. Like it would be nice to get one single gift that shows thought rather than a bunch of things that don't. 

• Like 1

That's what I was actually thinking about doing Hopeful. But when I Googled the shelters in my area, for the donation section, they only want money.

I wonder if I just showed up in person if they would accept it?

Sorry to hear that HugBug.

I hear you. Unusable makeup is unusable makeup.

It's not even about the cost.I would have preffered a handmade picture drawn by them or something. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BlurredBoundaries said:

I found a shelter that accepts beauty products! I will also gather up some clothes I don't wear anymore and drop it all off at once next week.

I'm so glad you found a way to put that to good use! Reminds me I have some clothes to bring to Goodwill. Might as well see if they can take some of this new stuff too :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HopefulinWA said:

My husband wouldn't tell me what he wanted this year, just refused to cooperate so he got this:

P4140287.JPG

LOL! So stealing this idea for next year.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, HopefulinWA said:

Saintalto, I got it from Walmart so they may have some left. They aren't cheap, though.

I think I'm going to find one of those crocodile blow up pool toys and glue a santa hat to it. :D 

I like presents that give you an opportunity to do something. This Christmas I got an  old cine camera dating back to 1958 that uses 8mm film. I bought a film scanner and standard 8mm film also so I can actually film. It gives me something to do.

If I had some expensive trainers instead, it wouldn't have been the same. If I had an expensive watch for Christmas, it wouldn't have been the same either.

Edited by StJimmy9151
  • Like 1

ah, the worst gift?

one year She got us a box of barbie-sized panty-liners

no joke

sister got a washer and dryer

we got panty-liners...for barbie

go figure.

• Like 2

My SIL and I don't get along so I got my nephew a drum set with a xylophone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, San said:

I will likely do the same when my SIL and brother start procreating *shudders at the thought*

2 hours ago, San said:

I'll bet you won the SuperAunt Award from your nephew, though.

I might add that you could have achieved the same result with a saxophone. I know this because that was my son's school band instrument of choice.

BlurredBoundaries - To prevent recurrences next year, you might consider taking your brothers aside in advance and putting a word in their ears that although you are very grateful for their wives' thoughfulness toward you at Christmas, you are unable to fully appreciate what they give you because of your skin allergies, and suggest that their husbands steer them toward an alternate gift choice next time. Failing that, there is always the possibility of returning the unopened merchandise for cash if you know where it was obtained. I was just reading an article about how foreign visitors to the U.S. are often astonished at how readily some stores will accept returns of merchandise. Then, you can either donate the money to a wider selection or worthy causes, or get yourself something you like better than the original gift, and still thank your SILs in your head for being so kind.  After all, it's the thought that counts.  Right, San? ;)

Edited by Cerberus
  • Like 1