CrazyBoards.org

I took 200 mg fluoxetine and 10mg of buspirone last night. I didn't intend to kill myself. I just wanted to stop feeling stuff and sleep. I feel fine right now. I'm just kind of tired. I don't know what to do anymore. When do I decide it's right to go to the hospital? I don't want anyone to think I just want attention. I just can't handle living anymore. 

If you are at this point, where you are at the verge of overdosing (even if you didn't really intend it last night as you say), it's time to contact your pdoc, or even your GP if you don't have a pdoc. Call them up, if it goes to voicemail, leave a message emphasising what you did and that you need urgent attention. If you end up taking another dose like you did last night, go to the ED. You should get examined urgently anyway, even if you don't repeat last night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ysaraihr said:

I took 200 mg fluoxetine and 10mg of buspirone last night. I didn't intend to kill myself. I just wanted to stop feeling stuff and sleep. I feel fine right now. I'm just kind of tired. I don't know what to do anymore. When do I decide it's right to go to the hospital? I don't want anyone to think I just want attention. I just can't handle living anymore. 

I know how you feel- like, when do I stop trying to make this work? On the one hand, being in a hospital could be a really good thing for you if you're contemplating life and death. On the other, who's going to feed the cat? (Or water the plants or whatever)

Find someone to feed your cat (or take care of whatever is stopping you)

If you need to, just go to the ER. Fuck what people think. Seriously, your life and livelihood are worth more than someone's judgmental hang ups. 

Stay strong and do what you need to do to take care of yourself. <3

Edited by heilmania

1 minute ago, ysaraihr said:

Thank you I appreciate you replying! I feel like I can't take care of myself anymore. I can't eat or sleep. I feel like I'm going crazy you know? I just need to know someone understands me and knows what I'm feeling. 

I 100% know the feeling of going crazy. You're not alone on these message boards, that's for sure. ;) 

Just now, ysaraihr said:

Do you think I should go to the hospital? I know I shouldn't be concerned about what others say but I am. I get scared the doctors will think I'm being dramatic or lying. 

I think you should if you think you are "a threat to yourself or others". I'm not a doctor, but that is what they have always told me is the requirement to go in.

To be honest, I sort of wish I had gone to the hospital a few times. I was way too on the brink for way too long, and I was afraid of myself. If you feel anything like that, I think that's your cue. :/

Are you able to call your doctor tomorrow morning? Will you be okay through the night?

I've been debating to go in for a while now. Last night was the first time I tried to end my life, I didn't actually think anything would happen but I did take a lot more pills than I was suppose to. I just wanted to fall asleep. I live near my parents. I was thinking of telling them what I did but I'm afraid. 

I think I'm going to go to the hospital tonight. If not I'm sure I'll be fine through the night thank you so much, I felt so alone in all this

Just now, ysaraihr said:

I've been debating to go in for a while now. Last night was the first time I tried to end my life, I didn't actually think anything would happen but I did take a lot more pills than I was suppose to. I just wanted to fall asleep. I live near my parents. I was thinking of telling them what I did but I'm afraid. 

I think I'm going to go to the hospital tonight. If not I'm sure I'll be fine through the night thank you so much, I felt so alone in all this

Hey no problem! I'd call your parents and ask them to take you if you can't see making it through tonight and made an attempt last night. Honesty is the best policy, you know? I really hope you have a good experience going. Give your parents a call now so you can get ready to go. Let me know how things go when you come back out, okay? :)