CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
The Right Honourable Jimmy

What's your Nationality/Ethnicity?

The title is pretty explanatory. 

____

My nationality is English (White). I was born in Peterborough (England) but I was conceived in Zakynthos (Greece)

My Ethnicity is half English, half Greek .

My Dad is English (From Manchester) and my mother is Greek (From Thessaloniki).

I'm fluent in Greek also, thanks to my Mom and Nan

So the metaphor 'It's all greek to me' is invalid.

What's your nationality/ethnicity?

Edited by StJimmy9151

I am Irish and white. My parents are Irish. My grandparents were Irish. And so it continues.

Boring.... I know 

I'm white.  Born in New York.  If I have an ethnicity I do not know it.

Mostly German, with a little English and Irish. Born and raised in the USA. My father immigrated from Germany when he was a young teenager, but my mom was born here. I speak German (poorly), but I had to learn it in school. My father refused to speak it to me.

My nationality is American.

As for my background, I am a (mostly white) mutt. I'm about half French-Canadian and a quarter Lithuanian. The rest is a bit murky. I definitely have some English blood, as well as African American. I don't know much more than that.

My Lithuanian great-grandparents were the most recent immigrants in my lineage, so my family has been in the United States for quite some time.

Born and raised in Canada... go back a few generations, German and Russian.

Born and raised in the Upper Midwest of the USA.   My mother's people came here from Norway in the 1800s so I am 50% Norweigian but I don't look it at all... I wish I were tall & blond, etc!

My dad's people came to the USA from Poland/Russia/Germany or some combination thereof.    Once they arrived and were here for a generation or so, there was some Native American ethnicity in the mix as well.  

So I am all sorts of things.    As an aside, my daughter married a young man from the Czech Republic several years ago  and we just had our first grandbaby this year :).   When his family first asked her about her background/ethnicity, they were surprised at all the nationalities in her background (plus the ones I listed, her birth father was Sicilian& Swedish).      Their little girl looks JUST like her daddy - maybe the fact that he is 100% Czech (Moravian, specifically- the eastern part of the Czech Republic)  caused his genes to be dominant, since hers are so scattered across many nationalities.  Who knows?  But she's the cutest baby in the world for sure.    

Canadian. 3/4 english (and the tiniest bit of irish which still managed to make me a red head) and 1/4 Native.

My nana's family left their reserve when she was a child which is really the only reason she eventually met my papa. When she drinks she always complains why she out of her seven siblings got stuck with the whitest of white grandchildren lol not one of us are really tan, and when we do we turn a dark dark red lol 

6 hours ago, saintalto said:

Nationality: US

Ethnicity: mutt

Ditto; in a nutshell.

I know very little about my ethnicity. My grandfather (whom I never even met) was born and raised on a Native reservation and spoke the Cherokee language fluently, or so I was told. I assume he wasn't full Native american because he was raised by his grandparents. Also because my moms side is from Holland/Germany (literally all her family is tall/skinny, blond hair/blue eyes), and I have 2 Mediterranean decent diseases (and NOT tall/skinny or blonde hair/blue eyes lol). I look rather racially ambiguous, and often get asked if I'm "mixed" (the exact word that is used).

I would LOVE to do the 'Ancestry DNA'. I literally have no idea my "true" ethnicity and would really like to find out.

On my mother's side, a rather dull blend of German and Irish (woot, red hair!). 

On my father's side, the most fucked up blend of German and Russian Mennonites. I mean, really, hated these people. 

But overall, I'm American, through and through.

Huh, am I the first person who considers themselves a person of color to reply to this topic?

I'm Latina, mixed race like most of my father's country.  Can't pass for white/Caucasian/upper Midwestern USAn mutt like my siblings, have never tried, although that's my mom's ancestry.

6 hours ago, FlamelessCandle said:

Their little girl looks JUST like her daddy - maybe the fact that he is 100% Czech (Moravian, specifically- the eastern part of the Czech Republic)  caused his genes to be dominant, since hers are so scattered across many nationalities.  Who knows?

That's not how genes work.

My nationality is USA. My ethnicity is 1/2 German (father's side) with a large percentage of Irish thrown in on my mother's side. Also on my mother's side, I have one Native American (Cherokee) ancestor (x-times great grandmother) but that's going way back although I do have her picture. That was back when pictures were printed on metal. Mom looked more Native than any of my aunts or even my grandmother who looked Irish. Mom also never tanned but turned red/bronze.

So basically, I'm also a mutt.

Born in the U.S. and raised the same.

We trace back to England on my my maternal grandmother's side, but way far back (as in coming over on the Mayflower and signing the Mayflower Compact old)

We trace back to Scotland on my maternal grandfather's side, but similarly way far back (there's a scottish clan that he links to, but my grandfather's grandfather was still born in the U.S....and we've never done the ancestry thing, so we don't know further back then that.

There's reportedly also a tiny bit of French and a tiny bit of Irish on my mom's side, but similarly very old.

My dad's side is big questionmark. We think England because that was the story told by relatives in his family, but where those stories started is a big unknown. It's similarly a situation where my grandfather's grandfather was born in the U.S. and we don't know the people before him.

So largely European, mostly British, but really, if it comes down to it, old-school American.