CrazyBoards.org

So, I decided to make an account because I wanted to get some ideas about what I can do to stop some of the pain of Klonapon withdrawl. I am not a substance abuser and I was perscribed clonazepam since I was 12, right now I am on a .25mg taper I take once at night which has been a little over a month now, and I started at .5mg for about 10 months , I was on a higher dosage prier to that taking 10 mg for the rest of my earlier young life  taking it. I am 22 now, and most of the symptoms now seem to be under control except throughout the day I still feel a rapid heart beat, though my bpm is 62 and my blood pressure is normal, I got blood tests done and an ekg, everything seemed fine there, so I was wondering if there are any non narcotic suppliments that do not interfer with the withdrawl recovery process, and things I can do to keep my head on straight about my issues+ things that help anxiety, I would also like to know how long I should be expecting to feel palputations? Thank you =)

FB_IMG_1451431080569.jpg

Welcome to CB, Rob_9! I'm glad you decided to join us.

I'm not a doctor, but I get palpitations from anxiety. Perhaps you are having rebound anxiety? If I were you, I'd talk this over with my doctor and maybe he can prescribe something (non-benzo) to help get you through this.

I have not found supplements to be useful at all, and some like Kava can be dangerous. I can honestly say that I probably wasted thousands on supplements to treat my anxiety and depression to no avail. 

Have you tried splitting the dose so you take half of your amount in AM, other half in PM?

Also, there is an oral disintegrating tablet (ODT) ... sublingual ... and I found it extremely helpful going down on dose.  It rapidly melts under your tongue, so when you take it, it works right away.  And also seems to keep the clonazepam withdrawals not as bad, IME.

Otherwise I would talk to your pdoc about this, like jt suggested.

Ill bump this one. Ive been on benzos for i dunno 15-20 years, maybe off them once or twice for 6 months or so.

I know about 8-12 months ago i was taking 0.5 to 1mg per day but not consistently taking the 0.5mg. Pdoc told me to make sure i was taking all 1 mg at night, so i have, Ive been on 1-2 mg for a day for at least 3 years...........

Aug 21 i started taking 0.5 mg, AND cut my lithium back 300 mg, as were tapering off both. I didnt event think it could be the klonopin because i dont feel like it does anything for me........but over the weekend(3-4 days later) i started feeling kinda in a "fog", and having bad night sweating. THe fog is lifting, the night sweats are still persisting. Granted im going through alot, concussion, rehab, off work, waiting to hear if i lose my job. But the timeline adds up, anyone thinks this could be coincided. 

1 hour ago, looking for answers said:

Ill bump this one. Ive been on benzos for i dunno 15-20 years, maybe off them once or twice for 6 months or so.

I know about 8-12 months ago i was taking 0.5 to 1mg per day but not consistently taking the 0.5mg. Pdoc told me to make sure i was taking all 1 mg at night, so i have, Ive been on 1-2 mg for a day for at least 3 years...........

Aug 21 i started taking 0.5 mg, AND cut my lithium back 300 mg, as were tapering off both. I didnt event think it could be the klonopin because i dont feel like it does anything for me........but over the weekend(3-4 days later) i started feeling kinda in a "fog", and having bad night sweating. THe fog is lifting, the night sweats are still persisting. Granted im going through alot, concussion, rehab, off work, waiting to hear if i lose my job. But the timeline adds up, anyone thinks this could be coincided. 

I would imagine that after three years you could definitely be getting some withdrawal effects. Do you have any sort of taper schedule planned out? 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Iceberg said:

I would imagine that after three years you could definitely be getting some withdrawal effects. Do you have any sort of taper schedule planned out? 

No it was kinda play by ear. Doctor was calling me in two weeks after appointment to see how things were going then adjust accordingly.

you may already know this/may be taking this, but klonopin comes in 0.5mg.  So you could very easily go from 1mg to 0.75mg to .5mg to .25mg.  It might be excessive for some, but not necessarily if you're having trouble with it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dancesintherain said:

you may already know this/may be taking this, but klonopin comes in 0.5mg.  So you could very easily go from 1mg to 0.75mg to .5mg to .25mg.  It might be excessive for some, but not necessarily if you're having trouble with it.

yeah i actually have 0.5 mg tabs i usually just take two, so if i weather this maybe just half them, then go from there!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Vadar
      Hi Folks,
      Long time reader, first time poster. I've found myself in a rather tricky situation and I honestly don't know where to turn to for advice/guidance. I'll try and be as brief as possible :)
      Back in 2010 I was placed on Lexapro for depression/anxiety (due to cognitive perfectionism), this worked great at the start but over the course of 4-5 years I felt it ran it's course with me. I approached my family doctor and asked if he could place me on Effexor as I wanted to avail of the 'N' part of SNRI. 
      Like Lexapro it worked great at the start but over the past 4 years it has (I think) ran it's course for me. As I'm sure many here would know the side effects of this SNRI is unforgiving and for the past few months I felt I was only getting a few hours of freedom from the depression/anxiety every day. Being dependent on the medication didn't bother me at the time but the cycle of feeling crap in the morning before taking it, then feeling awful to feeling a bit better in the afternoon to feeling good in the evening just took it's toll on me.. It's no way to live to be honest.
      I discussed with my doctor to come off the medication for good but here is where it starts to get tricky. I'm on 150mg XR which is a capsule with 12 tiny tablets in it. I'm currently taking out 1 of those 12 tablets every week until I'm finished with them, that will take 3 months in total.
      The good part is I'm not feeling horrible side effects, but what I am feeling is strong depression, lifeless, tired, no motivation, brain feels like it had a lobotomy, forgetfulness, low energy and pretty sleepy all the time.
      This is (I think) what I was feeling like back in 2010 but it's such a long time ago I'm not too sure. So is this the return of the original symptoms or another side effect of coming off the medication.. 
      I'm 1/3 the way into weaning off the drug and I just feel wiped out, everything is a struggle and I'm starting to question my decision. I know it's quite early to pass a proper judgement but jesus, I'm exhausted over nothing...
      This might not ring any bells with anyone but I kind of wanted to put it out there anyway
      Cheers for reading, 
      Vadar :)
    • By Klonz
      When I called customer service 888-838-2872 (option #3 then option #5) for customer service a rep said on 4/1/19 they are going to bring old formula TEVA clonazepam back but don’t really have a firm timeline. 

He said to email complaints about Actavis to Tevacs@tevapharm.com and ask for old TEva back via this email
    • By Poem
      Greetings,
      So, I found out recently that my diagnosis had changed from Bipolar 1 to Schizoaffective Disorder: Bipolar Type. This diagnoses switch was done 2 YEARS ago and nobody told me. Sure, my Pdoc at the time said it might be a possibility, but I was really upset that no one bothered to clue me in. Anyway. The thing is, I've been shuffled around through so many Pdocs and psychiatric nurse practitioners and I have never told them my whole story. 
      My first ever Pdoc asked if I ever had any psychotic symptoms. I said that I would hear my name being called, and before I could say anything else, they laughed me off saying that everyone experiences that. So, being the shy person I am, I thought that I was being silly and never mentioned it again. My last Pdoc, I tried to be more open with and told them about some hallucinations/paranoid thoughts I had...hence change in diagnosis.
      Now I am with a new provider whom I don't trust at all. They don't seem to know how to manage me at all, and every session seems to be more and more a waste of time. I am currently switching to another provider, but it will take a bit before I can go. I'm a little nervous because I've tried so many anti psychotics, and am currently not taking one. Sorry, the point is I am planning to give my therapist all the details about things that have been going on for years. Stuff I never had the guts to say, because I know they will listen to me. I am just afraid that since I never said anything to my new provider (or even in the past) my future provider might think that I am making it up since I found out about my new diagnosis. Maybe I'm overthinking things. I don't know. But the only people on my support team that I trust are my family and my therapist.
      Sorry if this is a bit of a ramble. I've been in a bad state the last few days and this has been edited and re-edited for your perusal. If there is anyone out there with the same disorder, or just someone with advice, please help me! There is so little info on Schizoaffective disorder, that I would really like to hear from others, maybe hear some coping skills? Everyone is different, but I am open to anything at this moment. Falling asleep last night was hell. My mind was racing all over the place, with layers of thought over layers of thought. I have to sleep with a light now, because shadows will creep the hell out of me. I have poor memory and forget words/mis-say them. My concentration is shot. I lash out in anger and always have this simmering irritability underneath. I'm starting to get the feeling that something is watching me again.
      Help!
      Poem

• By notloki
      I have been taking 1-2 Klonopins a day for a few years and prior to that more Ativan prn than Klonopin. Recently it seems all I have needed was 1 mg a day of Klonopin. I have also been wanting something shorter acting for prn use. So I proposed to my pdoc that we change my benzo script to 1 Klonopin every day and 1 Ativan as needed. So I get 90, 1 mg Klonopins and 60, 1 mg Ativans in a 90 day period.(I get 90 day fills on all meds except Schedule I I) Pdoc seemed to like this. It seems to be working fine.
    • By Schlep
      Was forced to switch from Teva brand clonazepam (.25 mg/day) to Actavis and I'm really going through hell. I'm very sensitive to meds and held off from taking the Actavis through use of some stockpiled Teva brand from two years ago. Two weeks ago I began suffering a gradually worsening anxiety episode after six years of not having any issues. A week in I began suspecting the expired clonazepam so I started the Actavis and the transition is not going smoothly. I just feel uncomfortably different on the stuff.
      My current theory is that the anxiety probably developed as a result of the possible degraded potency of the expired Teva clonazepam. I'm also thinking that possibly the pills themselves could have triggered the anxiety (since when the anxiety hit I started taking more of the expired pills and just seemed to get worse.) Maybe one of the inactive ingredients went bad over time.  During my trials with Actavis clonazepam I experimented with a Teva pill from a slightly newer but still expired batch and experienced some kind of euphoria that eventually just developed into anxiety. As far as my reaction to the Actavis brand, I'm wondering if maybe I'm just feeling increased side effects from not having taken potent pills for so long. But there's still something different in the effect.
      So now I'm looking for any kind of suggestions because things have gotten a little intolerable. I already spoke to an old pdoc, but there wasn't much he could do for me (my present doctor doesn't really take my anxiety issues seriously. Has anyone else had similar issues from expired medication or brand changes (especiialy benzos)? One alternative I'm looking at are the clonazepam wafers that Teva still apparently makes. Does the actual formula for the medication itself (and not just the inactive ingredients) vary from brand to brand? I'm also wondering if maybe I should switch to a different benzo. So is there anyone out there who's gone through a similar experience?