CrazyBoards.org

I've been on Wellbutrin since April 2015. I was on Lexapro and Zoloft for years prior.

i needed to be a bit more productive in my life, get my sexuality back and perhaps drop a few pounds and not be so tired all the time. All of this occurred and I was quite happy until.... I found it did not control my mood swings, anxiety, depression, crying jags and a million other things! 

So what's the problem, right? Just switch back! I don't want to. I want to add the Lexapro to the mix! Perhaps, I could keep the benefits of the Wellbutrin and tone down the rest with some Lexapro.  Has anyone done this, know of it or have any intelligent thoughts about it? My doctor says flat out NO!

1 hour ago, JustJoan said:

I've been on Wellbutrin since April 2015. I was on Lexapro and Zoloft for years prior.

i needed to be a bit more productive in my life, get my sexuality back and perhaps drop a few pounds and not be so tired all the time. All of this occurred and I was quite happy until.... I found it did not control my mood swings, anxiety, depression, crying jags and a million other things! 

So what's the problem, right? Just switch back! I don't want to. I want to add the Lexapro to the mix! Perhaps, I could keep the benefits of the Wellbutrin and tone down the rest with some Lexapro.  Has anyone done this, know of it or have any intelligent thoughts about it? My doctor says flat out NO!

I'm confused ...

I found it did not control my ...

^^what are you referring to when you say "it?"

What are referring to when you say:

Just switch back! I don't want to.

Switch back to what?

I'm sorry I have some questions ... I was just confused as to what you meant.

I took Wellbutrin with citalopram for a while. I gather it is a common combination as well as Wellbutrin + Lexapro. The problem for me was that Wellbutrin just didn't help my depression. So, yes, it can be done if your pdoc goes along.

I used to take lexapro with Wellbutrin (amongst other meds). Lexapro really helped my anxiety. 

I wonder why your pdoc is refusing to add a med to the Wellbutrin? Do you know why? It seems like your pdoc is unwilling to make what could possibly be a helpful change. 

Can you get a second opinion from a different pdoc?