CrazyBoards.org

Med cocktails that work

Hiya I'm new to this site but I thought I would try it I have adhd , anexity ,bi polar type 2  the bi polar thing is kinda new because most doctors think I'm borderline personality disorder but  interestingly enough they put me on sequel during a recent hospital stay due to mood swings an self harm an it changed. My life then they put me on Prozac for depression it's going so far so good they doubled my Prozac reccently trying to see if it will help me with restlessness at night so far no go still can't sleep right an wake up feeling super tired  so far  I've been on Zoloft,trazondone "for sleep"   Wellburtin for depression ,anxiety adhd  none of those work so I'm on sequel 50mg once a day Prozac 20mg twice a day I was just curious if anyone else has had success with them as well , any side effects. An things like that also what's good for sleep 

I have good success with Seroquel,  is that the drug you mean?  I am on a higher dose than you are but it helps with mood swings (not at the moment) and intrusive thought of all flavors.  At the lower doses I have heard its very good for sleep.   

My drugs are listed below, sounds like we are on a few similar drugs.  

Of course meds work different for everyone and your prescriber is the first one to talk to about it with.

Welcome :)

I also have had success with seroquel (I take the XR now but used to take the plain ol' seroquel). I have gained weight which I am currently trying to lose.

You are on a low dose. It couldn't hurt to ask your pdoc for an increase, especially since you find it helpful already. I think that is a good sign. I was IP and they rapidly worked me up to the current dose of 800 mg. But it was worth it. I actually had tried to go off of it and it was a disaster because I ended up full blown manic and had to be hospitalized. Not cool.

For sleep, have you tried lunesta, a benzo, trazodone, remeron, zyprexa, ambien, ambien cr, belsomra, vistaril, etc. (I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot) What works for sleep for me is, seroquel, klonopin, and sometimes I need a lunesta or some vistaril too if I'm really worked up or if I'm on the manic end of things.

My current cocktail (see sig) is working really well for me.

Of your meds, I am on Prozac and Trazodone.  Prozac really helped my depression, but I am weaning off of it now to see how I will be.  I may not need it anymore. 

The trazodone doesn't help me for sleep, but rather it gets rid of the voices.

Seroquel has been a godsend for me. I take 400 mg at bedtime and it conks me right out. Really keeps a lid on things (I tend toward mania rather than depression). The only real side effect I have is mild grogginess when I wake up. But it's well worth the tradeoff.