CrazyBoards.org

Cymbalta experiences?

Hi all and Happy New Year!!!  :)

I just started on 30mg of Cymbalta almost two weeks ago to help with anxiety. I was wondering if anyone has gained on it or experienced bad carb/junk food cravings on it? I've gained weight in the past couple of weeks but I think I would have anyway even if I weren't on the Cymbalta. I've been binging on all the holiday food and everything!  ;) I just can't stop eating!

One thing that's driving me crazy is all the damn headaches I'm getting. I was told that was a side effect and that it should go away soon. I hope so!

So what are your experiences with Cymbalta?

Thanks!

A year ago my pdoc added Cymbalta to the Wellbutrin XL I had already been taking.  So I have never taken Cymbalta alone.

However, when I added the Cymbalta all my cravings stopped. I no longer had any desire for carbs or alcohol.  The Wellbutrin had stopped my uncontrollable urge to binge, but with the Cymbalta I really had no urge for any of my old favorites.

The only problem I had with Cymbalta was when I was trying to quit to try something else -  ;)   - brain zaps, pins-n-needles in the palms of my hands and soles of my feet, my head felt fuzzy (?), among other 'just feel like crap' feelings.

So I decided to refill my prescription, took one pill, curled up on the couch and when I woke up two hours later I felt wonderful.  :)

Haven't tried stopping Cymbalta again.

kane

Thanks for the reply! I really wish I could lose my cravings for junk food! I'm slowly gaining back all the weight I lost on Topamax.  :)

Does Cymbalta help with anxiety? Most of my anxiety is tied to food and what/how much I eat. Do you think this will help with that at all.

It's not going to make things better if it just makes me crave junk food all the time! ;)

When you get up to at least 60mg the full effect of S will kick in and that will help.  I actually had no appetite on Cymbalta.  I lost about 10 lbs that I actually didn't need to lose.  I've been on it now 4 months now and I eat more butam still losing.  I'm on WB XL as well to counteract the sexual s/e.  Which seem much harder to counteract compared to regular SSRIs.  I'm thinking its probably the holiday foods that are doing it for ya.  I only think I've heard a few people who have gained on iy.  I had to actually remind myself to eat... I went up to 90mg for about 2 months to counteract the anxiety before I even added WB.  The WB did not agravate my anxiety at all.  I decided to drop back to 60mg since my pdoc has added klonopin.  This has really helped keep the anxiety under control.  But most pdocs won't rx benzos.  I just felt great otherwise on Cymbalta and really didn't want to have to go through withdrawal yet to get on a new SSRI.

Good Luck.

Well, I can't take Wellbutrin b/c I had a seizure on it. I lost a lot of weight on WB though. Same with Topamax. Do you think that's why you guys are able to lose weight, b/c you're on WB? I could lose weight and eat whatever I wanted when I was on it and the same goes for the Topamax too. I'm just on the Cymbalta now and I take Clonazepam at night to help me get to sleep.

I'll just keep taking it and see what happens.

Thanks again!

I was on Cymbalta for 3 months before I even added the WB.  I'm eating much more now than I ever did on the Cymbalta alone.  Cymbalta killed my appetite totally.  The WB hasn't made a difference.  I have been eating whatever I want and I still seem to be slimming down.

I'm not sure why pdocs are having people take 30mg for a few weeks befor increasing it.  You should only take 30mg for about 3 days and then bump up to 60mg.... All side effects should subside except the sexual one's.  I think I had every possible common s/e and even some rare one's lol

Archived