CrazyBoards.org

I can't do this anymore

I was supposed to be fixed in time to work this coming semester.  I went to my pdoc today because I can't get out of bed or up off the couch and I keep thinking about hurting myself and he said to wait two more weeks on my current medications.  I won't be able to work and nothing really matters anymore and I hate him.  I try not to hurt myself but I'm not going to do this forever, I need some help with it.  I want to die. Nothing ever gets better.  He said he thinks I'm expecting medication to do too much of the work.  He wants me to get out of bed on time. I CAN'T and no matter how many times I explain that to him he doesn't believe it.  There's nothing I want to do, nothing at all.

i hear you noemie, i remember a year ago telling my then pdoc that i was really hoping to feel bettter for christmas. what a fucking joke. i kept telling my second pdoc that i wanted to change my effexor for something else. but no change. i'm in bed too. i'm hoping that a car will smash through the window and kill me.

Luckily, he only charges $55 an hour. He came highly recommended from a couple directions, so I think he's just really off on this one.  I'm pretty pissed about it though. 

Part of it, I think, is he doesn't really believe that I CAN'T get out of bed.  He keeps bringing it up like talking to me will help.

Noemie,

Just can't get out of bed?    I believe you.

Meds need more time to work? I believe the Pdoc.

My greatest frustration with psychiatry has been that the meds don't work immediately.  Especially when I was at my worst.  If anything they made me feel worse.

There is no such thing as a happy pill. The brain is extremely slow to repair itself, like 6 weeks to grow a new neuron.  And then it takes even longer for new neurons to accumulate enough to affect thought patterns.

Keep trying to make it work.  Keep talking to you Pdoc. Sometimes with med changes work just isn't possible, you may need to take some time off.  Your Pdoc can write an order for that if necessary.

Hang in there.

A.M.

the problem is I just took a whole semester off and I'm supposed to be back at work now ):

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I understand your frustration. I've been there myself. I wish I had an instant solution I could give you, but I can't.

How long have you been on your current medication? And how long have you been seeing this pdoc? Answers to both these may have a lot to do with what your next step should be.

I'm sorry things are so rotten now. And I'm sorry too if I don't know your background from previous posts. I've been hanging around for awhile now, but I still don't know everyone very well yet. ;)

Guest luli2545

I've been so angry and scared at times about meds. It just so sucks. And it isn't predictable. I guess I'll just say that for myself...I've been very pissed at pdocs at times, also felt a lot of relief at times too. I'm in a med change stage...feel wary. Also feel very dependent on pdoc and meds. Hope you get some relief...

Luli

Archived