CrazyBoards.org

Fasting and Wellbutrin/Prozac/Klonopin

I am embarking on a 40 day fast, for spiritual reasons. First phase is a 3 day-1 meal a day fast. Second phase, 3 days of nothing but fruit juice and water. Then-4,5,6 day fasts  with no solid food.  I plan on eating  one meal a day between phases. My question is, as long as i am drinking plenty of fluids...will this f'up my meds? I am not planning on asking my doctor as the last time I brought up fasting to her (pre-psych meds) she looked at me with a quizzical look on her face as if fasting is just for lunatics! ((HA HAA HAA!!)  I am a lunatic!!

Well, I guess that is that, then! I will do the one meal a day, plus fruit and veggies for other meals, and liquids instead of the almost 0 food for 40 days. That would be okay??

i think it's great that you've decided not to do the full fast. 

as far as whether or not one meal a day with fruits and veggies for the other meals... that may or may not be okay.  it all depends upon what fruits and veggies and what you eat for that one meal... how many calories, are you getting enough protien, will it mess up your blood sugar, etc.

they always say on TV to ask a doctor before embarking on a diet etc.  ... and i think that you should run this past your doctor.  (i think asking her about a "diet" where you eat fruits and veggies only for 2 meals a day will get a better response out of her than asking her about a fast.)

take care,

penny

Thanks Penny, Halation, and Velvet Elvis!

And Penny, I think that was sound advice, I will ask my Dr. about a "diet" instead of a fast. I weight over 200lbs and doctors love to help patients when it comes to obesitybut I've found less helpful when spirituality is mentioned. She will more likely look at me like a sane person when I talk about a diet vs. fasting to gain clarity about my life and hopefully get a divine message from my spiritual Parents (God and Goddess). No wonder she looked at me like I was a lunatic, it does sound odd, doesn't it?!? Oh well. 

And Halation, no I don't want a seizure! YIPES. I work with people with a variety of mental illnesses, developemental disabilities, and seizure disorders (some, all in the same client). Seizures look like they hurt. I'll pass on that one!

Thanks for the advice, guys.

Archived