CrazyBoards.org

i was on neulactil and was gaining weight at a really fast weight about 2-3kgs a week. (i think thats about 4-7 lbs a week)

in the hospital they put me on a zyprexa just a low 5mg dose. has anyone been on this drug and not gained weight?

im trying really hard to eat well and exercise everyday. i dont want to be doomed to be fat.

everyone's different, of course, but the two people i've known who have been on zyprexa longterm had no significant weight gain. one of them can eat anything at all and not gain an ounce, but the other has the metabolism of a heavily sedated tree sloth. it can screw with your blood sugar, but that doesn't mean it will. give it a try and see how it works for you.

i was on neulactil and was gaining weight at a really fast weight about 2-3kgs a week. (i think thats about 4-7 lbs a week)

in the hospital they put me on a zyprexa just a low 5mg dose. has anyone been on this drug and not gained weight?

im trying really hard to eat well and exercise everyday. i dont want to be doomed to be fat.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I put on relativly little weight when on olanzapine. I do put on a little, maybe 3kg over 3 months, but as a tall guy its not really noticable on my frame. I do eat more when on it but try to snack on fruit etc instead of the fatty stuff.

I must admit though that I seem to be the the exception to the rule, when it comes to people I have met that have taken it.

Its a great med though. It stops any manic episode in its tracks, at least for me.

It's been fatter or crazy in my experience of taking Zyprexa. But I am actually quite curvy anyway so it hasn't done me any harm, since I cam off it the weight has fallen off. I think that I gained because I was too sedated to exercise and ate rubbish, I am not sure that it did anything to my metabolism.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived