CrazyBoards.org

so while rustling through cookbooks i found a wheatfree flour mix that sounds really versatile, and a few recipes to go with it, though i bet you could use it in most anything you wanted to make.

the flour mix:

2 parts brown rice flour

2/3 parts potato starch

1/3 part tapioca flour

pizza crust:

olive oil

warm water

1 cup flour mix

1/2 cup millet flour

1 Tbsp cornmeal

2 tsp sugar

1 tsp xanthan gum

1/2 tsp salt

1 package yeast

oil up your pizza pan real good and sprinkle the cornmeal on it.

mix all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl. add 3/4 cup + 1 tsp warm water and 1 tsp oil and mix thoroughly. beat the batterlike mixture on highest setting of electric mixer for two minutes.

pour batter into prepared pizza pan. spread it evenly out to the pan edges. loosely cover the pan with some oil-brushed wax paper and let it stand in a warm place for forty minutes.

preheat oven to 425. bake pizza crust for fifteen minutes. apply toppings of your choosing. bake some more until toppings are done. consume pizza and rejoice.

chocolate chip cookies:

2 cups + 2 Tbsp flour mix

1 1/2 tsp baking soda

1 tsp xanthan gum

1/2 tsp salt

1 cup crisco or what have you

1 cup castor sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)

2 eggs

1 Tbsp vanilla

12oz chocolate chips

1 cup nuts, if you like, chopped

preheat oven to 375. oil up some cookie sheets. think to yourself 'cookies are an ALWAYS thing, bitches!'

mix together first set of ingredients in a small bowl.

beat the crisco and sugars together in a large bowl at high speed until all pretty and fluffy.

beat in the eggs.

beat in the vanilla.

slowly stir in the flour combination, then the chips, then the nuts if you want them.

eat some raw cookie dough.  do not eat all of the raw cookie dough. take what is left and drop it by heaping spoonsful onto the baking sheets and cook them until they are as done as you want them to be. i like mine almost burnt. some people are proponents of the soft and gooey. whatever. cool them if you want, them eat them. if you don't want to cool them, just eat them. eat them all!

i have a recipe for lemon cake too. it looks complicated. i will post it on request, though.

this wheatfree moment brought to you by Gourmet magazine, november '05 issue.

post the lemon cake!  post the lemon cake!

(bonnie who is really fucking slacking on her no wheat diet.....bleh.  damn near impossible to eat w/o wheat....especially in a corporate job.

does anyone know of a company that makes wheat free peanut butter cheese crackers, like in the pack?  those are a breakfast staple for me.

Archived