CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
Velvet Elvis

Crazyboards Winter/Spring 2016 fundraiser

Hey guys.  

It's the time of year again where I pathetically beg for donations so I can pay taxes on last year's ad revenue.  I barely make enough off ads to pay rent and put food on the table and have zero left over to save for taxes.  I also pay taxes on donations I receive so it adds up.  

I know I haven't been contributing a ton in terms of posting lately, but this site is just large enough to make it impossible to run off any low end shared web hosting.  A custom server environment is required.  I'm effective working as a full sysadmin for what equates to around minimum wage.  

At the moment I can't even afford the co-pays for all my meds.  Once my brain is working again, there's a ton of work I need to do around here that will make the site less annoying for everyone.  

At this point I can't even afford to purchase a copy of Turbo Tax to figure out how much I owe, but it should be between $2500 and $3000.  

Gofundme is being argumentative right now but anyone who wants to go ahead and donate can use the paypal button at the top left of the main paige.  You do not need to have a paypal account to donate.  

If for some reason you don't want to donate cash, there's a fair bit of stuff on my Amazon wishlist that I could really use.  The link is in my sig.  There's also stuff on there that's really silly and I don't expect anyone to actually buy that.  

As always, if I find out you're on disability and have donated more than $20, I'll reverse the transaction.  

I should have a gofundme link up tomorrow once I get my account re-verified.  

Thanks in advance, 

Joe/Elvis

Good luck with your fundraising. This board has been extremely valuable to me the short time I have been here. My small donation doesn't come close to the value I have received but I hope it helps. I do want you to know how grateful I am for what you have done and hopefully will be able to continue to do. 

I made a donation, and I wish I could give more- this site has been an invaluable resource for me and helped me through a lot of shit. Wishing you the best of luck in your fundraising. Keep up the amazing work! :)

Just now, Rabbit37 said:

I'm so confused. Gear, I attempted the link you provided, it didn't work. Where is the link on the CB? 

main CB page, upper left just above the advertisement, for my browser.

Found it, thank you! I had to turn my iPad sideways, derrr. 

I wish it were more, maybe one of these days...

THE PAYPAL BUTTON IS RIGHT HERE ------>         56c4f98256bd6_paypalbutton2.jpg.c343d5f8

1 hour ago, Rabbit37 said:

I'm so confused. Gear, I attempted the link you provided, it didn't work. Where is the link on the CB? 

It's working right now. What browser are you using?

• Like 1

Elvis--

I donated all I could at the moment, and will continue to do so in the future. Thank you so much for doing what you do! I don't know what I'd do if I hadn't found this site. I'm sure many members here feel the same way.

Sincerely,

Alice

• Like 1

Bumping this . . .

I'll put a gofundme link in the sidebar once I can sleep more than six hours at a time.

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far. 

• Like 2

Thank you for what you do. I don't have the funds to responsibly donate. Please know that you have a subscriber and someone who will continue to use this service.

Also, I didn't read your Blues Brothers quote or recognize you David Bowie icon. I love me some Bowie. I miss him a lot.

11 hours ago, Velvet Elvis said:

Bumping this . . .

I'll put a gofundme link in the sidebar once I can sleep more than six hours at a time.

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far. 

GoFundMe tends to take more out in fees than Paypal, no? 

12 hours ago, heilmania said:

GoFundMe tends to take more out in fees than Paypal, no? 

It's about the same.  

2 hours ago, Talky Tina said:

Have you thought of doing a patreon?

I haven't totally figured out how they work yet, but I'm pretty sure the cut taken by third parties will be about the same.

Bumping this again.  

I'll have a gofundme link up soon in the sidebar, I'm just having some trouble verifying my account.  It requires use of a cell phone and I somehow still don't have one and keep forgetting to ask my gf to use hers when she's home and awake.  She's narcoleptic so the home and awake part doesn't happen all that often.

• Like 1

VE ... can I send a check?  I have your address from last time.  I can send it after the 3rd of March.

14 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

VE ... can I send a check?  I have your address from last time.  I can send it after the 3rd of March.

That would be great, thanks.

I sent you something. Not just you: it's for the whole community. I care about this whole community very much, and my life is a lot better with you guys than without you.

Seconding that, Gearhead!

Thirteen years ago, I was a complete and total mess. I was headed down the road to Crayzeetown like nobody's business.

CrazyBoards (and CrazyMeds before the split) gave me a community when I was isolated. Over time I developed relationships and have even met some of the wingnuts on here in person.

CB was here for me when I was losing my mind, getting on SSDI, at the height of my crayzee, supportive when I lost my job due to the crayzee, encouraged me to take care of myself, helpful when I thought about going back to work, and continues to be one of my best sources of emotional support.

I'm not saying CB is responsible for all that. But I am saying it's made a huge difference in my life.

If you share the sentiment and are able, please consider chipping in.

• Like 1

Amen to that. I've been here, sometimes just in the background, since '05. 

Certain circumstances might have me donating more in the not too distant future, but for Now I have to put food on the table too. 

Please ^^ consider.

Edited by Rabbit37