CrazyBoards.org

Could I Just Be Having Wild Mood Swings

I am beginning to think that what I think may be the beginning of an episode is not an episode at all, but just a wild mood swing brought on by a trigger of something that I have been dealing with for a long time.  Is this possible.  It seems more like what’s going on instead of an episode.  It may last several hours but usually passes after meds., rest, etc. What I'm talking about doesn't last days.  I have situations that last days, but this is something different.  Does anyone have any insight that you could share?

Well, prolonged stress can be hard to deal with and can make you feel unstable, but if these swings have been going on for very long-how long are you talking about? Weeks? Months? If it's more than a couple of weeks I would check in with my pdoc.

Do you have a therapist you're talking to about the life stress?

I don't know I would guess that it has been going on and off for a couple of months.  And no I don't see a therapist.  I live in a small town.  It is a 3 hr. drive to go see my Pdoc. so seeing a therapist would be pretty difficult economically.  I am currently on a forum for this other issue and I know that that's not anywhere near seeing a therapist, but it's the best I can do at this point in time.