CrazyBoards.org

I didn't realize I posted this in the wrong place the first time. oops. I'm not used to forums.

So, I've sorted through a lot of the 'issues' I've had with how I was thinking before and I think I have a handle on how to live a content life or at least function. I have social anxiety and depression.

I learned how to retrain my way of thinking if that makes sense, so I am hopeful. The thing is, if I have any shade of a doubt about whether I am right or wrong about something than I know the paranoia will just come back later.

Getting to the point. I am occasionally paranoid that people can hear my thoughts. The theory is that the majority of people know about it. maybe everybody can do it, maybe not. Maybe it doesn't happen all of the time, maybe they only hear when they are listening in. They talk about it when they think I can't hear them, or when they think they are being discreet enough that someone as dumb as me won't know what they are talking about. They won't admit to it because it is better if I don't know, like if I do then it will make me feel too self conscious, only make me feel worse and it won't help me any. I do feel like I have evidence of it when I replay some older memories, but I also am rational enough to look for other explanations for the memories, but I don't feel convinced enough that I can let it go. 

I know I should see a doctor, but I don't have medical insurance. so far visiting forums and chatting with people who can relate has helped, so I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the subject.

Hi Megan,

What you are describing sounds like it could be a delusion (false belief about reality, or at least a belief that most people would not endorse given the available evidence). Delusions tend to show up more in psychotic disorders (thought disorders) than in anxiety disorders.

You might find more responses in that forum.

Do you live in the US? If so, you may be eligible for free or very low cost professional assessment and treatment at a community mental health or community health center.

• Like 1

I just wanted to point out, that thought thing is something I could've written. In my case, it's most certainly a delusion from psychosis. 

14 hours ago, Wooster said:

Hi Megan,

What you are describing sounds like it could be a delusion (false belief about reality, or at least a belief that most people would not endorse given the available evidence). Delusions tend to show up more in psychotic disorders (thought disorders) than in anxiety disorders.

You might find more responses in that forum.

Do you live in the US? If so, you may be eligible for free or very low cost professional assessment and treatment at a community mental health or community health center.

Thanks, this does help. If it is something as serious as a psychotic disorder, do you know if it is normal to see it this way, like I've always known it is irrational like how the way social anxiety makes me see myself and other people was only an irrational thought pattern.. I'm not sure how to phrase the question actually.. that's why I thought it was just anxiety.

If you mean, is it possible for it to be a delusion and yet you recognize that it's a problem/not necessarily happening/part of the mental health problems, the answer to that is definitely yes. People have different levels of insight into and awareness of their situation and one level is the "i believe it's happening but I'm worried there might be something wrong about the fact that I believe it's happening."

as woo mentioned, there are usually local community mental health clinics or centers that will handle these sorts of issues for people without income or without insurance.

I feel so confused sometimes. I tried to bring this up with a therapist and she just ignored me. like 'yeah, ok, so you just need confidence..." Half of me feels like people brush me off like that because I'm right and they know it but they just figure it'll be better for me to just forget about it. I didn't tell her everything because I didn't really get a chance to. She just interrupted me and ignored me. It's frustrating, because this still really scares me even though I have more control over my thoughts now. 

Is there anyway you could get free or low cost psychiatric treatment? I would look on the county level first. If I were having delusions, I would call my pdoc, to be honest.

Other people may have better ideas on how to get low cost care.

11 hours ago, Megan Lastname said:

I feel so confused sometimes. I tried to bring this up with a therapist and she just ignored me. like 'yeah, ok, so you just need confidence..." Half of me feels like people brush me off like that because I'm right and they know it but they just figure it'll be better for me to just forget about it. I didn't tell her everything because I didn't really get a chance to. She just interrupted me and ignored me. It's frustrating, because this still really scares me even though I have more control over my thoughts now. 

Can you look for another therapist who will treat you with integrity?  It sounds to me that you are miserable with the one your are seeing now. 

Or can you write her a letter, explaining everything you've posted here, and how/why it affects you?  And then make a copy of the letter, and bring in one for your tdoc to read at your next appt.  Is it possible that you both are on a different page and not seeing eye to eye on things?  Maybe she doesn't realize what she is doing.  Not that your thoughts don't count, just another perspective to consider.

Edited by melissaw72

yeah, you're right (both of you). I was just depressed when I posted that reply. I will have to find a doctor. The therapist I was talking to was someone I had only seen a couple of times

Can you find a DR/s who will take a sliding scale for payment?

Maybe. My dad ended up putting me on his insurance recently, so I could probably afford the copay and everything. I'm just not sure I want to go through the same experiences i always had in the past. It's usually just 'everyone feels that way, go out and try things.' Maybe I don't really need it. 

Anyway, thanks

I'm glad you have insurance now!  I hope things work out for you.

Megan,

Sounds like delusions and if your in the U.S. you can aquire obamacare for little to no cost for insurance or just about every state/town has a Family Residency practice who can see you for little to no money and almost 100% of the time a therapist you can talk to :)

On 5/14/2016 at 0:13 PM, Megan Lastname said:

Maybe. My dad ended up putting me on his insurance recently, so I could probably afford the copay and everything. I'm just not sure I want to go through the same experiences i always had in the past. It's usually just 'everyone feels that way, go out and try things.' Maybe I don't really need it. 

Anyway, thanks

How is it going?  Did you find a pdoc with your insurance?

About not wanting to go through the same experiences you've had in the past, I would at least give (whomever it is) a chance.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By flk
      P.S: There are voices and people, the voices are people but they can speak from far away, probably EMR or telepathy if thought broadcasting is real. The people are the ones i can hear clearly or with their real voice usually from a close distance.

this is a pesron speaking, im not shyzo, she speaks from afar, and can change voice, because theres never 2 voices speaking at the same time, only very quick coordination, bringing me to question if it is the same person.

They always pass for me because i have thought broadcasting and they are telling me things from far away where no one can hear them and they pass for me when they tell me things so that other people who hear me understand something else than what i want to say or to divagate from me exposing their game by completing my sentences before i can think of the end, play games and such,
      for example, when i think the name serena and i’m about to say it in my head, they say dena, and they imitate my style of talking and thinking while saying shit stuff and pass for me. Or they yell a random name to bring me off the flow of my ideas.
      They are always playing a game where they de-credibilise my every though. I don’t need to think sentences loud in my head since i can speak just by understanding someone. I can also formulate direct ideas like if i was speaking.
      When i’m not thinking about shit, they usually tell me things i can relate to even if theres nothing involved and then make it pass for me having said the thing that the conversation/argument started from.
      Most of the time they will say that I am saying and thinking (2 different things, both in the head) things that i did not say or think, or even think of thinking that, which means they are clearly manipulating almost every thought i have.
      Just because i’m a smoker and i thought about the police when i went to buy, since then almost everyone that speak to or about me wants to make me pass for a dealer and since i think briefly about the police the voices want to convince the other people that i am a dealer while passing for me even though they know it is false.
      Some other people think i want to play the dealer and that i’m just a son of a rich/looser that invents my life, just because i say i’m not a dealer (which implied to them that since i denied the fact i was one, i was actually one...)
      The funny part is that it all came from me denying to a voice/guy telling me i was a dealer, so he tried to make me pass for one, and then a DOMINO EFFECT happened.
      anyone going through TB can relate, not to this specific example, but the domino effect where one person tells you about something and most of the people you will hear after that will do a follow up of a previous conversation with someone else.
      I got to understand that some people don’t follow blindly.
      You need to make the difference between people that just speak, just AutoBlockTM it will do the trick.
      For people who like to play games with you, you need to focus on exposing their tactics, in my case they like picking up on thoughts and modifying what i originally said, so i focus on exposing the modifications they made to my thoughts while keeping track of my goal. A big part of their game is making you forget things that you where saying about them.
      Whenever i say/about to say a name, balthazar meunier for example, they know what i am going to say since theres telepathy involved before they can hear my thoughts loud (like sending an FTP file, or just consider it direct thought) and they take advantage of it to say other names (because information in directhought is not always clear), hence it will make me “feel” off it, and make me and the other characters from the voice divagate from the original subject of conversation while always going their side so i struggle to make my point most of the times but it got better, my advice is think less and don’t react to the games, tacle them unconsciously, whenever they say something, you don’t need to speak in your head, just think DirectThinkTM what you feel is good for you, talk to people by understanding what you want, you dont need to word it but you can, it will make your life easier. Another thing i can do is mute briefly the ones speaking far away when i want to say something important, it doesnt always work but it comes in handy.
      I once had moments where i could shoot mutes 20 in a row and it was less noisy, so less voices, so less thoughts and peace of mind for a few seconds.
      Another thing i noticed is that i can sometimes hear a very high frequency sound continuously in my head that tends to loosen my mind and make me forget things, when that happens try to remember the important things you said it might be a weapon to control your mind (i cant be sure)
      I also got medication due to clicks in my head

• By L501
      hello im writing today because ive been experiencing some thought broad casting again. and id like to get tips from people who feel the same way. i feel like im talking to another entity of some kind in the universe. and this entity tells me things all sorts of ideas and that we will be e mortal. they say our minds work like computers. and that im being programmed. are these all just voices that are useless thoughts that are getting out of hand? or can it be something more like another reality out there an   its altering mine? i have so many questions and so many thoughts everyday. im told that im speaking to a galactic federation in space and that they are watching all of us. please give me yopur thoughts opn this.
    • By wookie
      My christmas was okay.
      I survived it. 
      I do well when the food is rolling in and the drinks are flowing. Saves me from having to make idle chit-chat.
      Went to one family gathering and I ended up getting the shakes (I have essential tremor of the head and neck) and nerves.
      My seat was in the corner in front of family I rarely see.
      I ended up swallowing 2 ativan, and some pepto-bizmal and swallowed my pride and survived.
      we were being forced to socialize and it was painful. 
      Anyone want to share?
    • By huntforbravery
      Hi everyone!
      I'm huntforbravery. I've got social phobia and it's been kicking my ass lately. I thought joining a community might help me to talk some of it through. Not to mention I'll get to meet new people through the comfort of anonymity . I just graduated from school and am on the job hunt. I spend a lot of time binging TV and blogging. I try and get out of the house and be social when I can. My anxiety can make it hard, though, especially with things like networking events that I can't get out of. Thankfully, I have a good support network who help me through the worst of it.
      It's nice to meet you all.
    • By Megan Lastname
      So, I've sorted through a lot of the 'issues' I've had with how I was thinking before and I think I have a handle on how to live a content life or at least function. I have social anxiety and depression.
      I learned how to retrain my way of thinking if that makes sense, so I am hopeful. The thing is, if I have any shade of a doubt about whether I am right or wrong about something than I know the paranoia will just come back later.
      Getting to the point. I am occasionally paranoid that people can hear my thoughts. The theory is that the majority of people know about it. maybe everybody can do it, maybe not. Maybe it doesn't happen all of the time, maybe they only hear when they are listening in. They talk about it when they think I can't hear them, or when they think they are being discreet enough that someone as dumb as me won't know what they are talking about. They won't admit to it because it is better if I don't know, like if I do then it will make me feel too self conscious, only make me feel worse and it won't help me any. I do feel like I have evidence of it when I replay some older memories, but I also am rational enough to look for other explanations for the memories, but I don't feel convinced enough that I can let it go. 
      I know I should see a doctor, but I don't have medical insurance. so far visiting forums and chatting with people who can relate has helped, so I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the subject.