CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pearly

How do you know when the meds are kicking in

Like for me i think they are because i'm back on the dating sites and the same people don't seem funny anymore. I mean it just isn't funny

When I start noticing the world outside of my mental pain. Depression makes me very self centered because I can't think of anything except mental pain. When meds are working I can notice things like the dishes need to be done, or think I should ask my husband how his day went. Also I'm no longer suicidal.

Depends on what I want them to do. I guess on the elevated end of the spectrum, it's when I start doubting the delusions. On the depressive end, it's when the suicidal thoughts start to dissipate. 

I know when meds are working when I see myself being involved with the real world more, when I can tell the difference between being psychotic or not ... or what is real vs not (at least asking questions about what is real or not).  Also I am calmer, have more insight towards things (in general).

For anxiety attacks its subtle with the right dose.   No BANG your ok.   Or BLAMO your vegged out.  More of an hummm wait a second wasn't I just shaking or stiff as a board or holding my breath for long periods of time?   Now I'm just... functioning ok?  Good!

Depression on the other hand the meds seem to take a long time to get rolling but the result is similar its just a longer process.  I am glad someone thought to invent these things.

I do sometimes still wonder if its just me thinking "Ahh... I'm feeling normal" and others are looking at me thinking "What is that guy on anyway?"

I do sometimes still wonder if its just me thinking "Ahh... I'm feeling normal" and others are looking at me thinking "What is that guy on anyway?"

When I feel "normal" I think I am doing things that don't show the MI, but ie I could be tired from a long day of working (5-6 hours), which is something that is normal to feel like (generally speaking) ... but instead of that someone finds something to blame it all on the MI.

(sorry to hijack the thread ...just wanted to rely to the post).

I can tell the meds are working when after enough time, I almost magically start feeling more even.