CrazyBoards.org

What sticks to a cork board/bulletin board besides thumbtacks?

i don't want to puncture pictures a billion times with thumbtacks plus my nephew sometimes pulls things down from my board and i don't want thumbtacks flying everywhere.

any ideas? i don't know if sticky tack will work.. but it seems unlikely.

Edited by cosima
29 minutes ago, Duelist said:

I wonder if command sticky stuff, the command wall strips would? Have you tried them?

i've not tried those! i just googled it and apparently they can hold up a whole cork board itself so they could potentially work to hold other things to it, too. thanks! im going to price them locally.

Cool, glad I thought of it. Hope it works cosima! My son had one of those cool wall race tracks? Command strips held it up. If it's not TOO heavy, they can do a surprising amount of holding power.

• Like 1

I agree with the strips idea. I used them to hang up posters and they did not damage the poster nor the wall (if you are a little careful). That has been my experience. I love them! I used to use them in various apartments I rented so as not to make holes in the wall. 

• Like 2
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You could go to a junkyard and take the door off a discarded refrigerator and prop it against your wall in place of your cork board. Then magnets would work. The downside is that you might find yourself trying to open it sometimes, absentmindedly thinking you’d like something to drink. So potential for periodic frustration. Or, you could just shift your actual refrigerator.

That’s not really helpful, is it?

• Haha 1
  • 3 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Grey Matter
      Hello everyone. I find lately I've been getting random moments of panic attacks, suddenly feeling overwhelmed. Seemingly caused by the most innocuous things. Just today it was windy and rainy off and on at the dog park where I take my dog scraps. it was seemingly going fine till one of the tent poles started creeking and popping which scared scrapsy to death so we decided to hang back in the parking lot over viewing the lake and I could feel it coming on so I rushed home and end up curling into a ball on the chair trying the relaxation response while repeating words to lift me up, I don't know whether it helped or not I'm kinda still dealing with the fallout. I was just wondering if anyone gets random episodes like that,sorry if it's a dumb post I just don't know much about any of my conditions.

• By BaileyBoo
      So the new wonder drugs have been doing okay in the way of no side effects. My mood stabilizer seems to be doing its job (though I have done nothing to make my mood turn for the worse), and that's tiding me over until the Paroxetine kicks in I guess. Still can't concentrate worth shit. All I want to do is laze around and read and eat and sleep.

Though I have had bursts of creativity. My passion for drawing and writing is slowly coming back, and that makes me really happy. Haven't been able to bring up the courage to try painting yet, though. I am a perfectionist, and I'm nervous that if I start a painting and it doesn't go exactly right, my mood will turn sour again, and I'll descend back into the current in the ocean of madness that is my brain - anger pulling me one way, frustration pulling the other, sadness trying to suck me under.

Back on track though, the meds are doing pretty well - so far.
    • By recovery-redemption
      Well, you guys.
      I'm not sure if any of you noticed my absence, but I have indeed returned.
      So, hello everybody, and it's nice to talk to you all again.
      Let's all be friends.
      Lord knows I need them right now, ha.
    • By writehellarandomshiny
      My good day recipie:

- Wake up between 5:30 and 6:30.
      - Get to bed no later than 10 and not much ealier.
      - Get six hours of sleep.
      - Leave plenty of time to get ready in the morning. This means I need to start NOT hitting the snooze button. Sigh.
      - Take half of my medicine before breakfast.
      - Take a shower, **eat breakfast,** really important, get really anxious without it, and get dressed.
      - Make sure my backpack or purse is ready for the day.

I think, for me to get ready, the key is to be prepared and not be rushed. When I'm rushed, I'm more anxious and I'm more likely to forget something. I also really have found it best that I take half of my medicine, as this helps me wake up. Then I need to eat and take the other half of my medicine - this helps me digest the first before taking the second.

Now I'm going to mail the care package I made for my friend, yay! I just have to go and send it, which I'm about to do now. Woohoo!
    • By Rose Tyler
      So I am starting a thread for random thoughts because I didn't really see one and felt like I wanted. That are important enough to write down but not important enough to warrant their own thread/blog post!

Tell us about your day! Are you hungry? Are you bored? What are you doing? What are you listening to? What do you want to do? Do you need to get something off your chest? Are sparkly ponies in your yard?

My house smells strange because we haven't taken out the dump and it's 90 degrees out. Can it freaking cool down already?