CrazyBoards.org

Today is my first day on Vyvanse in a while and I am feeling quite irritable. I've taken Vyvanse in the past before but have not been on it long enough to know if the side effects end up going away at some point. Does anyone have any experience with this to know if this disappears?

For the first month or two on Vyvanse, I was irritable. Very, very, very irritable at some times. But after about 8 weeks, things evened out and I haven't felt rageful. Could be that I'm with a really good therapist and group right now. But I started to mellow a few weeks before I started that program. But it did take a couple of months.

• Like 1

How much do you take? Do you take it for adhd?

And are you still taking all the drugs in your sig?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By CrazyCatLady83
      I started process of switching from Cymbalta to Remeron on March 25, and took my last dose of Cymbalta a few days ago. Other than a few days of extreme irritability, things have been going surprisingly smoothly. Except that I can't sleep. Not really. I'm rapid-cycling between moments of being awake and instantly dreaming as soon as I close my eyes. The waking moments seem precipitated by startling effects in the dream state, that usually have nothing to do with the content of the dream itself. The worst of these is the sudden sensation of being physically attacked by an evil presence. It seems to take me a little bit longer to wake up during these instances. Or at least that's how I perceive it.
      How much of this is potentially the residual Cymbalta withdrawal effects, and how much of this is the "strange or unusual dreams" listed as a possible side effect of the Remeron? 
      And more importantly, how long can I expect this to last? If you experienced disturbed dreams while on Remeron, how long did it last for you, and did it turn out to be a deal breaker?
    • By Blahblah
      I've been wanting to get cats for a long time. However, I am highly allergic (moreso to long hair cats than short hair probably), but I'll most likely need to take Allergy meds everyday, long term.
      Does anyone know the contraindications or interactions with psych meds? I don't want to become sedated/groggy. Also, I have Dry eye syndrome, I'm afraid anti-histamines will make it much worse. And Alzheimer's runs in my family, I read somewhere that allergy meds might increase dementia and glaucoma risks? Any insight? @mikl_pls
      I've taken Claritin, Allegra and Zyrtec occasionally, not sure which are the safest? I also wonder how safe it is to be using immune-suppressing meds longterm, (like will my allergies or sensitivity increase, or be triggered by other things, if I stop)?

• By Blahblah
      It's only Day 2 with no Effexor. I was taking 37.5mg for months, and then added Prozac 10mg for over 2 weeks. Then pdoc told me this was plenty of buffer time to stop it....
      I'm feeling super tired, MAJOR irritability, no appetite, nausea, all over body aches, some brain zaps. I had really hoped that my ridiculously slow taper (with Prozac) would eliminate this....Now on total lockdown, this is not helping the situation or my relationship!
      I know people are just trying to help here (with telling me other med combos to try) but honestly, after 25 years and 30+ medications I have no hope of anything being much better than this. I wanted to stop Effexor because of the apathy & sexual dysfunction, but I guess I can't get away from these side effects.
      Should I try to just endure a few more days or should I write my pdoc already and go back to taking 37.5mg?   I am so upset....I just want to be off these poison meds, they only numb you to where you eventually don't enjoy anything or care about anything. Then you become completely dependent & f'd up trying to taper off.
    • By Blahblah
      I'm struggling to adjust my Ritalin dosage. It really helps with cognition/focus (and even mood balance), pdoc recently increased my dose. I take 30mg (LA) morning, and now 10mg (LA) in late afternoon. I'm OK on morning dose until about 2pm after I eat lunch...then energy really tapers off, I start to get more distracted, then I take afternoon dose by 4pm.
      The afternoon dose makes me immediately sleepy. This effect seems really paradoxical! Is there something I can do to reduce this? Caffeine??  IR form only lasts like 2 hours & I crash, so I want to avoid that. Where I live, its tough to get anything other than Ritalin...
      I read that some stimulants (such as Ritalin & Adderall) are better for reducing Hyperactivity - which may be why I feel so sleepy/dazed when taking it in afternoons? I've never been hyperactive....
      Would Vyvanse be better in this regard (helping with both focus + causing less sleepiness)?
    • By Cyclingsarah
      Hey guys,
      It's my first day on Lexapro/Ecitalopram. It's 2 hours after my first dose (5 mg) and I totally have the giggles. Feeling high/loopy. Have anyone else tried this?