CrazyBoards.org

HTF am I in the wrong?

madmax15

Ok I have an example for you guys. 

I was fast asleep one morning. When a phone call woke me up. It was 7am. I answered and there was a guy on the other end saying I owed money which I did and if I don't open the front gate to let him in he threatened to call the police. I said look it's 7am in the morning and I'm trying to sleep. 

We got into a screaming match and kept saying how rude I was. I said you are threatening me and I'm trying to sleep. And he continued saying how rude I was. I kept thinking HTF am I in the wrong? 

Ok. I will say this once. He was in the wrong for calling you up at 7:00 am and threatening you. You had a right to be rude. You were not in the wrong. Congratulations.

HOWEVER, you may be in the wrong for owing him money and not paying him. But that is a different issue than threatening someone and harassing them.

27 minutes ago, sbdivemaster said:

Owing a debt is a civil matter; the police will not get involved.

That's what I thought.

What really bothers me is HTF he sees me as being the rude one. And continues by saying "Listen to me young man open this gate or I'll call the police!!!" 

Edited by madmax15

23 minutes ago, madmax15 said:

What really bothers me is HTF he sees me as being the rude one. And continues by saying "Listen to me young man open this gate or I'll call the police!!!" 

You can't get inside his mind to know WTF he was thinking. It doesn't matter. If he called you at 7:00 am and was threatening you, you had a right to be rude (even if you weren't). So my advice to you is to stop ruminating on this. You were not in the wrong so let it go.