CrazyBoards.org

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 1:05 AM, toast said:

I thought I was done posting on this site, but your post really struck a chord with me. Besides, this will be my last post. I might as well address the one thing I've been puzzled about as well. Well, there are more things, but it's not really relevant to your post. I can't really directly comment on the family part and I'm not really sure who the "she" is in your post. But I did find a book that helped me as well. It didn't deal with autism but another topic.

There are times when I think the book is directly written for me. Of course, that's an absurd thought but there are some eerie coincidences. And, in my life, at least these days, there are no coincidences. But then again, part of my problem is making connections between coincidences. I can't seem to shut it off.

I don't really know why you're leaving. It seems like you're leaving because you're mad at her, and not because "leaving" is in the best interest of all parties involved at this point. But that book is a curious thing, isn't it?

My book marked the turning point for me. I really didn't think recovery was possible until I read it. So, if it's not a coincidence, then thanks for the book. You did fulfill the Pottery Barn rule quote that Colin Powell is attributed with, "If you break it, you own it." Well, in this case, you did a pretty good job at attempting to fix it; and not just with the book but through other actions. Whether it's self-interest or benevolence, it doesn't really matter. You still thank someone. Most of this stuff was over in about Feb-Mar of this year so I'm not even sure if this post will get to the right person, but I did want to make the last post a positive one.

She is actually my Mom, and it's just a shame that things are this way

Edited by Steve223