CrazyBoards.org

Hey guys I need your help! The past week and a half or so I've been getting progressively more paranoid and it's getting to the point I have panic attacks as I get ready to leave the house for work. I don't feel safe at work and am so stressed that I block out the majority of the day and have no idea what I do. When I shower the Shadows start chattering just quietly enough that I can't make out the words but I feel threatened by them, and they scramble my thoughts as I try to work. My pdoc just added Abilify 5mg to my meds in addition to Risperdal 3mg, Lamictal 200 mg, and Effexor 150mg. Have any of you had success with Abilify reducing paranoia? How soon might it work? I'm really struggling to get myself out of the house and to put in a day at work. I cry on the way there and usually on the way home too from the fear. I feel like they're plotting to capture me for experimenting. I don't know what for but I feel like they will keep me. Please help! Thank you so much!

For me, abilify didn't have an effect one way or another about paranoia; I was still paranoid on it.  It did help with hallucinations though.

In terms of abilify working at any given time, it is hard to say because everyone experiences thing differently, so one person might find a low dose to work, while others need a higher dose.  Abilify took me about 7 weeks to finally see a big change.  I think you'll need to wait at least 6-8 weeks to see how you feel.  Some people feel an affect sooner than that, but for me it took a lot longer than I thought.

Abilify didn't help me with paranoia..we went up to 30mgs with minimal results..but that doesn't mean that it won't work for you...

It does take time..

Contact your Pdoc and let them know that you're still not doing well

Abilify helped fight back a lot of psychosis symptoms when I took it, but I had to stop because it caused me intense anxiety too.

When i am paranoid I just keep writing it out on paper. I present what my brain is telling me and try to explain to myself how this is paranoia due to psychosis. Mostly because the symptom has happened before and I can recognise it in many forms. I might have to write out an argue this same mental issue many times a day, but i gives me a brief period of relief after I do it.

Edited by saintalto

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Adolf
      "Best" as in being effective with fewer side effects. Which ones were the best for you? Which ones did you take? What condition(s) did you treat? What side effects did you get? How did the antipsychotics compare to "conventional" antidepressants?
      Can antipsychotics be an alternative to "conventional" antidepressants? What are the risks? What are the benefits? Do they make you a tomato with time? Psychiatrists prescribe them more often in recent times, it seems.
    • By Motoko
      I had a terrible manic/psychotic episode last August, and I'm having a great deal of difficulty letting go of certain elements of the experience. I keep being gripped with the feeling I've made a terrible mistake of some kind that's going to result in something bad, but other times I'm able to reassure myself that's not the case. What's really bad is when i start to argue with myself internally about it, which can make me panicky. I do take Depakote and Zyprexa, so it's not like I'm not taking my meds.  Has anyone else had this kind of trouble? I thought about posting this in OCD but it seemed more relevant here.
    • By sming
      Hey,
      So about 5pm every day of late, my mood just turns black. I can't buy a neutral (forget positive) cognition or emotion, I start to feel and think very negatively no matter what I do. Of course, I'm feeling and thinking badly beforehand, but it just sinks to another level, or depth if you will. 
      So I'm wondering if it's a med (or meds) that I'm taking that's losing effect around 5pm. I take the following meds - yes, it's a crazy-looking brew I know, but it allows me to function somewhat - at 6am (in milligrams):
      200 Provigil, 2.5 Abilify, 40 Fetzima, 30 Lexapro, 15 BuSpar, 150 Lyrica, 10 Percocet and these at 2pm:
      150 Lyrica, 15 BuSpar and these 4 times a day, where the last dose is typically 2pm:
      15 Adderall 10 Percocet (for chronic pain) and these at 7pm for sleep:
      150 Trazodone, 50 Benedryl It's impossible to confidently predict a "culprit" but if anyone has any hunches, I'd love to hear them.
      For example, today I'm splitting (some of) the 6am batch into two and  taking the second half at 2pm as an experiment. I feel that empirical experimentation might be the way to go because the theory is too complex with this many psychotropic medications in play. 
      Cheers , Pete
    • By CookieN
      Has anyone tried lysine with good results?
    • By CookieN
      Does the stage of life in which you get ill determines your prognosis and course of the illness? For example a person who gets ill after graduating from college and working several years will be more equipped to face life than a person who got ill and never worked (getting ill in the college stage of life or before)??