CrazyBoards.org

I wrote about this briefly in my blog, but it is still on my mind.

for anyone who has received coded messages- I used to receive messages from the media and my environment-was it hard to decipher?

i used to get all kinds of messages that I knew were for me and there would be some jokes, but a lot of it I didn't really understand. And, it was exhausting watching, finding, figuring them out. It was very distracting.

i thought maybe when it stopped, they went subliminal. Or, they were upset with me. But, tdoc convinced me it was the meds.

ii am okay today. Not worried about interpreting. Just wondering if anyone else had an experience like this.

I didn't exactly get the coded messages, but something I think of is potentially similar...I had what I refer to now as magical thinking - that everything I did/everywhere I went/every poster I saw/etc. was for a reason or greater purpose and that it was all part of a big plan that I didn't know how to figure out.  I also had the if I do XYZ in a particular order, than unrelated thing B will just happen or person C will appear.

Both are rather embarassing now--it was for a very short period of time (about 24 hours before I was hospitalized)--but I have to keep reminding myself that they were symptoms.  And that having them go away was a good thing.

Edited by dancesintherain
duplicated in the post somehow

I've received messages in my environment from God and from angels. I didn't have trouble decoding them... they were clear signs that I was doing the right or wrong thing. Sometimes the signs indicated that I should perform a certain action (for example, God asking me to fast). 

I didn't get coded messages, but I would get messages attached to other media, specifically music. The music was serving as the medium for an additional transmission that was causing physiological changes.

Fortunately, that's pretty much gone now. I haven't had any music trigger that in awhile, and hopefully it stays that way.

I understand what Bellatrix is saying about messages being attached to music, except the messages I got were with people talking to me, etc, taking care of me and watched me during the day. 

So Idk if those are the messages you are talking about or not.  God talked to me.  "Someone" said I was the most powerful person on earth because I used my mind.  And then said "always remember that."

I was the 'transatlantic telecommunicator'  because through my mind and music I could "talk" to people overseas anywhere I was asked to go to, ie to have summit meetings.  Those thoughts I think about not so much.  There are more times but that was one of them.

1 hour ago, melissaw72 said:

confused ... What do you mean by "coded messages?"

I don't know how to explain it, but messages hidden that other people can't see. I would recognize patterns and see things as connected but I couldn't always get what they meant.

2 hours ago, confused said:

I don't know how to explain it, but messages hidden that other people can't see. I would recognize patterns and see things as connected but I couldn't always get what they meant.

Thanks ... ok I get it ... yeah, I had these all the time.  Most of them are gone now though.  Like I was writing above, music was everything, and I was the center of the world, where everyone communicated through me, including internationally -- the transatlantic telecommunicator -- I was trying to explain above.

None of my messages were hard to figure out.  I understood them all and didn't have a hard time deciphering them.  For me it was a constant back and forth "conversation/s" through music, through my head.  When I slept was when people "talked" so I didn't know what they said.  I just had to keep music on all the time or else no one could communicate ... unless they projected their voices through my ears, which all I heard was echoing all. the. time. sounding like loud clanging pots and pans.

I did in 2004-2005 get messages from things ranging from how a feather fell to offhand comments to where I opened a book randomly. Most of these messages were bad news for me, so I didn't go looking for them.

I didn't really see them so much as messages as I saw them as omens.

Music talked to me and wanted to communicate with me. Most of time I didn't understand what they said because I didn't know their special language. It wasn't exactly coded but they spoke in a language I didn't know and I couldn't find which language it was -It was different from the language they were singing in-.

Sometimes I feel how they want to tell me something but they are not able to -I don't know the reason-.

6 hours ago, confused said:

I had this. I thought that letters, numbers and colours were all interconnected and the meaning of the universe could be found within these patterns and that it was my mission to find the answers. 

1 hour ago, dazed and confused said:

I had this. I thought that letters, numbers and colours were all interconnected and the meaning of the universe could be found within these patterns and that it was my mission to find the answers. 

There was one thing about colors that always came up.  It was the red and blue game.  It was somehow connected to something bigger, but I never figured out what that was. 

Also, after that, all I was seeing was people in blue and people and red (IRL).  ie, if there were 3 people (wherever), one would be wearing red and another blue and the third person whatever color.  (the clothes could be any kind, it just had to have an overall color of red, same with the blue).

There were also teams, the red team and the blue team.  I couldn't have anything in my apt with just red or just blue on it.  Only if both colors were on it.  So I ended up throwing away in the dumpster the just-red clothes and the just blue clothes that I had.

12 hours ago, confused said:

I wrote about this briefly in my blog, but it is still on my mind.

for anyone who has received coded messages- I used to receive messages from the media and my environment-was it hard to decipher?

i used to get all kinds of messages that I knew were for me and there would be some jokes, but a lot of it I didn't really understand. And, it was exhausting watching, finding, figuring them out. It was very distracting.

i thought maybe when it stopped, they went subliminal. Or, they were upset with me. But, tdoc convinced me it was the meds.

ii am okay today. Not worried about interpreting. Just wondering if anyone else had an experience like this.

It is exhausting I agree!! And super distracting. 

The messages and signs I get are not hard to decipher. I know what they mean when I get them. It's pretty crystal clear for me IME.

I think it would be frustrating if they were hard to decipher. Like what the heck does this mean? That would frustrate me. Sorry you went through that!!!

i feel sometimes    like individual posts and things    like for instance   I feel like this topic is ttelling me to pay more attention to what the world is trying tto tell me

i'm having a difficult time lately

I sometimes will be watching tv and then i'll see like a block of letters and numbers pop up in my mind I guess ccause no one else sees them and hidden in them are part of this key that I need to put together to decipher the world

1 hour ago, uncomfortable thoughts said:

delusions of reference.

Yes, that is what they are called along with loose associations. I was wondering more if people got exhausted from them or had trouble deciphering.

25 minutes ago, confused said:

Yes, that is what they are called along with loose associations. I was wondering more if people got exhausted from them or had trouble deciphering.

Those symptoms are always present on my psychotic/manic episodes, so, if I can, I shut all the possible media, specially, internet.

I try not to go out, because even people's unrelated gestures gain some huge significance.

T-Shirt, Signs, pamphlets, music or anything that becomes very meaningful, so It's very dangerous for me to go out.

After, I have some residual symptoms related to it, it's somehow a soft version of delusion for most part of it.

But some part of me believes that those messages happened or at least some that aren't very bizarre or the ones I would like to be true.

It's awful because convincing myself takes a lot of time.

Edited by uncomfortable thoughts

19 minutes ago, confused said:

Thank you @uncomfortable thoughts . Yes, that is what i mean. Everything seems to have importance. I still have doubts about what was real, but I don't experience them now.

It really takes me a lot of time.

Well, 

In the end is boring knowing that I'm not that special as I was while having those delusions.

I have mixed feelings, because I feel somehow pathetic as an egomaniac to even think that some of those things were target on me.

Well, unfortunately, because it's a f#cking delusion, even rationalizing it feels like will always have a place on me for those messages, but if I remember well, the messages and stuff that happened a decade ago has no meaning now, but from three years ago a tiny bit of it still holds a certain meaning and mystery that I obsess about.

It become more of an obsession that I try to avoid, it's not more a delusion, it's more like an obsession about those things.

While fresh, I would spend a bunch of time and energy trying to connect everything.

I know I'm lunatic, but it was very exciting to be part of something of importance.

Not so great crashing in an ordinary life.

Edited by uncomfortable thoughts