CrazyBoards.org

The comment after the article that really pisses me off is the one about Van Gogh being just a medicated nobody if he were living today. How arrogant and how cruel do you have to be to decide that someone should suffer mental illness just so you can enjoy looking at their art.

15 hours ago, jt07 said:

The comment after the article that really pisses me off is the one about Van Gogh being just a medicated nobody if he were living today. How arrogant and how cruel do you have to be to decide that someone should suffer mental illness just so you can enjoy looking at their art.

jt ... I agree with you on that.

I just re-read the article though and I couldn't find the part about Van Gogh.  I looked in the comments and in the article also, as well as do a 'FIND,' and couldn't find what you were referring to.

2 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

jt ... I agree with you on that.

I just re-read the article though and I couldn't find the part about Van Gogh.  I looked in the comments and in the article also, as well as do a 'FIND,' and couldn't find what you were referring to.

Did you click on "Load More Comments"?

• 2 weeks later...

Prozac is the only anti-depressant that I have been on, and it eventually had an effect on me.  When I first started it in 1991, Idk if it really had an effect much.  I ended up stopping it when unmedicated for (a length of time I don't remember).  But when I took it a second time, it definitely had an effect.  Years later (ie last year or so), I knew it was definitely helping because going off of it was hell.

ETA:  The only reason for going off of prozac last year was to see if I really needed it along with all the other meds.  So I went off of it, taking at least 6-8 months to wean down from and get it out of my system.

Edited by melissaw72