CrazyBoards.org

Mirtazapine Withdrawl

I have been on mirtazapine for a year. I was put on it for insomnia. The medication worked great. I slowly started to put on weight. over a year I have put on 2 stone. I also felt drugged during the day. I went and saw my Doctor who put me on zopiclone 7.5mg a night for sleep and told me to stop the Mirtazapine. I was on 30mg, I was fine for a week and then the pain started. I have terrible stomach pain like labour pains and it feels like my insides are turning inside out. I also have headaches, bloating, i am bringing up what feels like stomach acid, bad breath no matter what, dizziness, loss of appetite, aching bones, sensitive to noise and i feel tired all the time. I am also short tempered. I feel like I am dying. went back and saw my Doctor who seemed not concerned and told me to ride it out. Has anyone experienced similar and are there any supplements that are recommended or anything alternative i can take to help me through this,

That is a rather odd reaction because mirtazapine is one of the easier antidepressants to withdraw from. I'm not doubting you, but I'm just saying your reaction is generally unusual. The reason you were fine for a week is because it takes a week or so to get out of your system.

My guess is that your doctor is correct and it's something you are just going to have to ride out. I'm sorry but I don't know of any supplements that can help.

I'm moving this to the Antidepressants forum.

Do you have any of the 30 mg mirtazapine left over? If so, you can split them in half for 15 mg to take for a little while and try to withdraw off of them like that. Maybe quarter them for 7.5 mg too.