CrazyBoards.org

BP2 and Zyprexa causes depression

im bp2 when i was prescribed zyprexa 5mg at first i was really calm then i felt into deep depression that lasted almost 6 months till i reluctantly accepted to take an antidepressant can someone plz explain me the logic why on earth being on zyprexa without antidepressant caused severe depression?

People respond differently to all the various drugs. The doctors know what works in a lot of cases, but won't know how it works in you until you take it. Sometimes it works, sometimes people have the opposite reaction, sometimes no reaction, sometimes just the side effects. There are people with bipolar who can't take antidepressants because it makes them manic. Some of them have to take them and it works fine. We just have to work with our doctors, telling them how we are so that they can adjust the meds until something works.

It sounds like now you know how you react to zyprexa alone. That will be good to record and remember in case the situation comes up again that a doctor wants to do that you can tell them what happened. I have a list of drugs I can't take.

Edited by wadjet
because I am lame

9 hours ago, bigbangaz said:

im bp2 when i was prescribed zyprexa 5mg at first i was really calm then i felt into deep depression that lasted almost 6 months till i reluctantly accepted to take an antidepressant can someone plz explain me the logic why on earth being on zyprexa without antidepressant caused severe depression?

Have you considered the possibility that you simply had a depressive episode that was caused by your bipolar rather than a med you took?