CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
jt07

Worst Movies You Ever Saw

What were the worst movies you ever saw? I'll start:

2001: A Space Odyssey  - Couldn't make it through the first 30 minutes of it

Eyes Wide Shut  - Just an awful movie

She's All That   -  A waste of time

It just occurred to me that 2 of the 3 films I posted above were Stanley Kubrick films. I think it's safe to say that I'm not a fan.

I don't see many movies

not a fan of Eyes Wide Shut either

Hudson Hawk

Any movie I see where my mind can't grasp the idea of the movie, and I can't sit still through the whole thing, or the movie stresses me the hell out ... those movies are the worst ones for me.

(The good ones are when I can sit and watch a movie without distraction (from MI)). 

The one worst movie I saw that stands out is Girl Interrupted, which I thought was "OK" until I watched it over and over again (almost obsessively) and in the end I actually felt like the main characters did (Winona Rider and Anjelina. Jolie) after watching that movie.  Same mannerisms of them and everything.  I know it was noticeable, at least to me, because my language went to hell, and I just wasn't the same person as before.  So I quit watching the movie cold turkey and eventually got it all out of my head and returned to myself.

If I can think of others I'll post.

8 minutes ago, melissaw72 said:

Any movie I see where my mind can't grasp the idea of the movie, and I can't sit still through the whole thing, or the movie stresses me the hell out ... those movies are the worst ones for me.

(The good ones are when I can sit and watch a movie without distraction (from MI)). 

The one worst movie I saw that stands out is Girl Interrupted, which I thought was "OK" until I watched it over and over again (almost obsessively) and in the end I actually felt like the main characters did (Winona Rider and Anjelina. Jolie) after watching that movie.  Same mannerisms of them and everything.  I know it was noticeable, at least to me, because my language went to hell, and I just wasn't the same person as before.  So I quit watching the movie cold turkey and eventually got it all out of my head and returned to myself.

If I can think of others I'll post.

I feel the same. I get distracted or upset sometimes.

i am still thinking

5 minutes ago, uncomfortable thoughts said:

Hmmm... 'ever' I don't know, but from last year that I  can remember right now:

Interstellar

Cake

Thelma and Louise 

The Wrestler

L'écume des jours

Blue is the warmest color

The Lobster

Taxi Driver

Fortunately, I somehow missed all of those.

1 hour ago, jt07 said:

It just occurred to me that 2 of the 3 films I posted above were Stanley Kubrick films. I think it's safe to say that I'm not a fan.

Need to see 'Eyes Wide Shut'.

About Stanley Kubrick:

I like 2001 and Dr. Sntragelove.

But I'm not a fan of 'Full metal jacket' I just like the first part of it.

More:

The 'New' Star Wars that happens everything of the old ones.

Exodus: Gods and Kings

The Young Victoria

The Nightmare before Christmas 

Corpse Bride

Alice in Wonderland

Rocky IV

Rocky Balboa 

Super 8

Bad Boys

Scent of a Woman

A Teacher

If I Stay

Pirate Radio

That Thing You Do!

An Education

Igby Goes Down

Snowpiercer

In Time

Circle

St. Vincent

[...]

Edited by uncomfortable thoughts

4 hours ago, uncomfortable thoughts said:

Need to see 'Eyes Wide Shut'.

About Stanley Kubrick:

I like 2001 and Dr. Sntragelove.

But I'm not a fan of 'Full metal jacket' I just like the first part of it.

More:

The 'New' Star Wars that happens everything of the old ones.

Exodus: Gods and Kings

The Young Victoria

The Nightmare before Christmas 

Corpse Bride

Alice in Wonderland

Rocky IV

Rocky Balboa 

Super 8

Bad Boys

Scent of a Woman

A Teacher

If I Stay

Pirate Radio

That Thing You Do!

An Education

Igby Goes Down

Snowpiercer

In Time

Circle

St. Vincent

[...]

There were at least 2 movies with the name "Bad Boys." The one from the 80s with Sean Penn wasn't too bad actually. Scent of a Woman was nothing to write home about but I wouldn't consider it the worst.

I just remembered another pretty terrible movie:

The Astronaut's Wife

Lost in Translation

also, (and i know im gonna get shot for saying this), but i didnt like any of the LOTR movies

ditto

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jt07 said:

There were at least 2 movies with the name "Bad Boys." The one from the 80s with Sean Penn wasn't too bad actually. Scent of a Woman was nothing to write home about but I wouldn't consider it the worst.

I just remembered another pretty terrible movie:

The Astronaut's Wife

This bad boy is the will smith one.

Alice in Wonderland is Tim Burton's version.

Scent of a Woman, because people would often recommend to me as great, 'so great'.

Even given hints like, Al Pacino acting was out of this world and blah.

When I saw it, everything was too familiar, no surprise, a bunch of vanilla going on an ordinary non-comteplative movie.

I didn't like the characters, the acting, the style of shooting and the storyline.

it wasn't involving so it could be shorter too.

I don't think bitterness and shouting out is hard to perform,

I like ordinary commonplace movies but it has to be well executed at least having a artistic appealing to it and I won't mind some vanilla, but that was unscented vanilla.

I don't know if this is a category of movie but if I would recomend something alike 'Scent of a Woman' I would rather go with  'The intouchables (2011)'.

Edited by uncomfortable thoughts

4 hours ago, MiaB said:

Lost in Translation

Oh my gosh, how did I ever forget Lost in Translation? That was one horrible movie, I agree.

UT: I don't necessarily disagree with you on your criticism of Scent of a Woman, but given all that it still was much better than, say, Lost in Translation.

Unequivocally, the worst movie I have ever seen is Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.

32 minutes ago, jt07 said:

UT: I don't necessarily disagree with you on your criticism of Scent of a Woman, but given all that it still was much better than, say, Lost in Translation.

I like the unpretentious light-mood morbidity 'Lost in translation' have... and Tokyo and t's not like 'Scent of a Woman' that more than one person said to me that the movie is 'so great'. 

A girl said the movie was cool at the time, I remember being entertained by it.

On the Coppola subject:

Apocalipse Now and Godfather II and III are boring.

I liked the Apocalipse Now monologue at the end but I can't recall anything else.

Godfather I re-watched recently and I still have problems caring about it.

Those are not it the worst, but I think they are bad claimed movies.

I'd rather Sofia's Coppola ones lol.

One that I walked out of the theater:

Inception.

I thought getting out of the theater was 'a dick move' because I was saying to my sort of girlfriend at the time everything that was going to happen and how unoriginal everything was and I was getting the things right.

She met me some time latter and said she finished washing the movie and that was great.

So I gave it a try and,

Still awful.