CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
Wooster

Skunk weed

One of the downsides of living where pot is recreationally legal is that it's really difficult to walk or ride the bus anywhere without smelling pot.

I swear I got hotboxed the other day walking across the parking lot to the grocery store at work.

On the bus is definitely the worst though, because I'm already probe to headaches and motion sickness. And skunk never helps.

blech

You just gave me another reason to love my state. One of the benefits of living in the Midwest: We don't need no stinkin' weed.

I understand your pain. I saw Bernie Sanders a couple of days ago and the whole place smelled of marijuana. Way to make the movement look like a bunch of hippies.

It's been "decriminalized" here. My entire neighborhood has wafting breezes of weed smells comic from everywhere. Definitely more noticeable in the summer. XD

6 hours ago, Wooster said:

One of the downsides of living where pot is recreationally legal is that it's really difficult to walk or ride the bus anywhere without smelling pot.

I swear I got hotboxed the other day walking across the parking lot to the grocery store at work.

On the bus is definitely the worst though, because I'm already probe to headaches and motion sickness. And skunk never helps.

blech

Do you have to worry about having to give urine or blood samples randomly for work? 

I know you don't use it every day, but breathing it every day (little bit to a lot, varies) might have an effect:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3037193

http://www.newsweek.com/could-second-hand-pot-smoke-make-you-fail-marijuana-test-278913

It is not a definite thing, but I just thought of it and wondered about it. 

I have been in favor of total legalization, but this is one of the consequences I hadn't thought about.

Edited by jt07
Grammar

Agreed with the two above me.  I've definitely supported the movement toward legalization, but apparently not considered all the consequences.  I would wonder if there could be some sort of middle ground where it's legal but you're restricted to certain areas, like a lot of states have done with cigarette smoke now.  That way people could smoke however much they wanted in their home, car, friend's house, etc., but not end up completely reeking out the public transportation system or centers of employment or restaurants, for example.  Then like with the smoking thing, violations would be restricted to fines b/c of the location, not leading to the ridiculous incarceration rates that are based on idiotic charges that we're currently seeing.

I don't know.  I get that many people oppose the restriction with respect to tobacco smoking and I feel like even more might with respect to marijuana b/c of the reduced second-hand impact (I think?), but it's at least something to consider. 

Officially not legal to smoke in public. Just like its not officially legal to drink alcohol in public. But that's never stopped anyone.

you're just slightly less likely to get body slammed by a cop if you're brown in my city for taking a toke.

Given that there's a ton of ways to ingest it other than smoking, I have zero opposition to there being restrictions akin to what there are for tobacco.  If you want to smoke in public, get a dam vaporizer people.  

I prefer inhaling it because it provides a much more precise means of dose control.  Joints are pretty outdated though. 

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 9:30 PM, Wooster said:

blech

I smell it *everywhere* too, especially downtown. 

Everyone should just vape as their regular form of consumption imo...likely better for everyone involved.  Smoking just reeks...but sometimes I want to get high fast, in which case I will take a j outside.  Even so, I try to be conscientious and not reek people out, and not blatantly smoke in front of children.

12 hours ago, Velvet Elvis said:

Given that there's a ton of ways to ingest it other than smoking, I have zero opposition to there being restrictions akin to what there are for tobacco.  If you want to smoke in public, get a dam vaporizer people.  

I prefer inhaling it because it provides a much more precise means of dose control.  Joints are pretty outdated though. 

In Philadelphia, they made the same rules for vapes as there are for cigarettes. You can't vape inside, which imo is a bit ridiculous considering it is water vapor.

Sorry to derail the conversation!

In regards to weed, yeah, just smoke in your house or something. No need to stank up the whole dang neighborhood.

My big concern about the whole people filling up the entire public space or buildings problem is that it might derail the whole push for legalization in other states...that people will look at is as "we don't want that problem," instead of looking at finding a way to address the not so great side effects but still allow it in general. 

1 hour ago, dancesintherain said:

My big concern about the whole people filling up the entire public space or buildings problem is that it might derail the whole push for legalization in other states...that people will look at is as "we don't want that problem," instead of looking at finding a way to address the not so great side effects but still allow it in general. 

My *very* charitable guess is that the people reeking up public spaces live in rental units where smoking is not allowed.

Here in WA, it isn't legal to smoke outside either.  The problem is that the fine is a slap on the wrist--like $27 I think?  That won't deter anyone from smoking outside.

This is where people need to compromise and get a vape or use edibles/tinctures.  Which, to be fair, is considerably more $$ than just rolling a doob or buying a glass pipe, so it may be cost prohibitive for some.

It's a tricky issue.  I do think allowing cannabis clubs/bars/"coffee shops" would help solve the public reekage problem to some extent.  

On 6/1/2016 at 0:30 AM, Wooster said:

It is legal to smoke pot on the bus? That seems ridiculous.  I thought ANY kind of smoking was prohibited on a bus, airplane, or any public vehicle. 
It is easy enough to get nauseous and migrainey from only the bus itself.

Nope, not from smoking ON the bus, water. The smell on people on the bus.

21 minutes ago, Wooster said:

Oh wow. I get nauseated by the smell of fake strawberry or watermelon, and I actually puked after getting off the train when someone had strawberry gum. :( 

2 hours ago, Wooster said:

yeah, I meant that. really. :-}