CrazyBoards.org

TakeAChillPill

What Did You Accomplish Today?

I woke up at 7am as I have been doing for since Monday morning.  

After breakfast, I made my paleo chocolate lava cake which was served for dessert tonight.  It was a great success!  It truly was a chocolate lover's dream and unbelievably moist and rich without butter, dairy, or gluten.  

All day long I helped cook and clean dishes.  i prepared the cheesy broccoli from scratch, cut and washed the mushrooms, and sautéed the mushrooms as well.  

I treated myself to a really awesome grilled sandwich made with thin sliced leftover meatballs, fontina cheese, and leftover red sauce.  it was like the best sandwich i've ever had.  

Although today is technically Thanksgiving day, we had a prime rib dinner because my brother and his wife and kids had to attend another gathering today.  Tomorrow is the turkey feast at my mom's house!  :-)

I stayed out most of the day and was busy to boot.  

The day is finally winding down and I feel i will be falling asleep early tonight.  

My laptop and iPhone are both getting juice. I'm in my pajamas,  It's 8:16pm.  I just need to take my pills in about an hour.  I'm laying in bed in partial darkness catching a breeze form the fan.  

On 6/2/2016 at 8:33 PM, TakeAChillPill said:

I am starting a new thread for the things we have accomplished any particular day that are good, positive things.  

There is a thread for daily goals, happy moments, and how you're feeling at any given moment.  This particular thread is for being proud of what you did that was good today and every day.  It doesn't have to be the stuff you always do.  Maybe stuff that is somewhat out of the ordinary or stuff that is hard for you.

Lets keep this one going!

I will start.

I walked briskly for 30 minutes.  

I brushed my teeth.   [it was about time]. 

I cleaned the cats water fountain an replaced the filter on it.

I swam.

i got out of bed at 10am and did not flop down in bed until 6pm.  Now I'm in bed typing this in my phone.  

I really impressed my Pdoc with my positive attitude and adherence to a walking routine.  

:-)

I managed not to end it all. So I'm still here.

Today was monumental!

I walked about 1 mile to the gym and it took me 1/2 hour.  Then I took an hour long yoga class.  

My mom picked me up and we went for salads.  

Working out for an hour and a half is no small deal to me.

Straight up, not a damn thing. But I actually feel okay about that. I ran my ass off this past week, and I needed the break. 

• Like 1

I did plenty today or more than the last few weeks, maybe months.

I didn't clean my kitchen but I did put dishes in the dishwasher. 

I threw away 4 bags of trash too. I keep a lot of my trash in the fridge (food related trash). 

I did 4 loads of laundry which isn't as big of a deal. I'm really good about laundry. It's a Sunday tradition. Two of the loads were towels. I haven't washed all of my towels in a while. Just enough to get me through one week. I also took out a bunch of winter clothes like my down coat and my wool socks.

I fed my coworker's cat then I went grocery shopping since I was out.

I vacuumed my cat's food area.

Thank you snow for giving me joy!!

• Like 1

Quite a bit actually!

I walked to the gym which took 30 minutes. 

At the gym I took an hour long aquatics aerobic class.

From there I was at the grocery for 45 minutes buying everything on my moms grocery list.

I had dinner.

Now i rest!  

:-)

Took a lot of photos of kittens. That's a good accomplishment. 

Successfully socialized briefly with the UPS delivery driver when he brought a parcel. I even laughed. Not to brag, but I'm kind of a big deal. 

Soon I'm going to scoop the litter boxes. I'm just gonna finish my tea first. Then probably take a shower. 

• Like 1

I got 2 doctor's appointments done today.  One for pdoc and one for my GI doctor.  They both went very well.

• Like 1

Today I went to my aquatics class at the gym and didn't eat any meat.

I also made it a plan to go to the gym every day for the early morning aquatics class.  

Got to the gym early today.  

I did an hour and 15 minutes of aquatic exercise.  Some was areobic and some was strength training.  

I had a salad for lunch.  

I bought stuff to make a broccoli rabe and cauliflower salad with tahini lemon dressing.  

I bought cat food.  

I wrapped all the xmas presents I bought for every family member and friend  of mine.  

Now I need to buy more for Sherry and something nice for my Sister In Law.  

I also showered today and made reservations for dinner with my parents for this evening.  

Im having one of those days where I feel like I look old and ugly.  Makeup would do wonders but it's not real- it's an illusion.  

• Like 1

Finally got to napping today after staying awake all night sick.  Then I got out of the house and went to see my nephews Christmas recital. I barely ate dinner but drank lots of fluids today.  I haven't thrown up since this morning.  

killed enough time to be almost close to either a football game or bedtime (haven't figured out which yet)

survived a two-sequence flashback

got yummy delivery food that took an hour past when it was supposed to arrive to get here

wrote an ominously threatening (legal) letter on behalf of a client

took a long nap

Did not oversleep.

Sorted through my collection of nail polishes. I had around 400 when I started. I now have about 150. The remainder are going to my brother's wife's granddaughter (with permission from the parents). She is seven, and deeply in love with all things "girly." Also included in the hand me down are several parcels of nail stickers, some water transfers, and various stick-on gems. I used to have an obsession with this, but it's faded a lot the last couple years. I play with it, but not to the extent that I once did. I did keep my stamping kit. 

I also culled through some of my belongings. I began this project yesterday, but so far, in total, I've thrown out, or set aside for possible donation, three big garbage bags full of things. 

I'm going to shoot for 2,000 words on my writing project before bed tonight. I have two and a half hours. I might not make that goal, but I'm going to get as far as I can. 

• Like 1