CrazyBoards.org

TakeAChillPill

What Did You Accomplish Today?

Spent half of today helping a friend unpack from moving, got groceries in two different stores, went to the liquor store, some laundry. 

Spent half of today helping a friend unpack from moving, got groceries in two different stores, went to the liquor store, some laundry

I went grocery shopping and did laundry, but the real triumph of the day was cleaning the oven. I ran the self-clean cycle, then wiped out all the ash, and then really got down with my bad self and took the door apart so I could clean between the two layers of glass in the door. There was not-insignificant amount of dog fur in there. Putting the door back together involved two quick grip clamps, a Phillips head screwdriver, and a skinned knuckle. Worth it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Will said:

Marry me

Sweet of you to ask, but you’re twenty years too late.

6 minutes ago, Gearhead said:

Sweet of you to ask, but you’re twenty years too late.

Sweet of you to answer

I made my mum pee her pants today. I used my powers of wit after dinner and her and my sister couldn't stop laughing. My mum had to change her pants but my sister made it through okay.

I like making people laugh and occasionally I nail it somehow.

• Like 1

i have finished xmas shopping

pretty much everything is packed, and customs forms complete for internationals

that had been stressing me, and still will a bit until everything is mailed

I bought myself a 36-spice rack and organized what I call "spice hell" that was on top of and beside my microwave. So now I can find my spices and they won't fall on my head when I open the microwave door.

I did research for the non-profit I serve on the wording used by various states that have passed Erin’s Law. I love doing research, so it was very absorbing, but when I stopped to give real consideration to the content of what I was studying, it was depressing. Erin’s Law deals with child sexual abuse.

12 hours ago, Gearhead said:

I did research for the non-profit I serve on the wording used by various states that have passed Erin’s Law. I love doing research, so it was very absorbing, but when I stopped to give real consideration to the content of what I was studying, it was depressing. Erin’s Law deals with child sexual abuse.

I was pushing my NAMI chapter toward more aggressive political advocacy as I was going manic.  And arguing w/ NAMI National's legal team about what I perceive as its passivity.  Now I have to regroup and rethink.  There is a small possibility that I am not always right.  But, today I've been thinking about donating time to a disability rights group here if they will have me.

On topic of today:  not much, trying to come out of fog of this episode

Edited by Will

I posted an apology on the FB fan page of a lecturer from 20 years ago. With a note to pass apology to old head of department if he sees her too. 

I was a shit of a student. Got very good marks, but I was just an arsehole. And made more than one lecturer cry.

The one I wrote to had, at the time, said not even his drill sergeant in the military treated him as badly as I did. 

I mopped. You have no idea how badly that needed to be done.

I competed in my first martial arts tournament after a 2 year hiatus from competition. I performed one of my rank forms. Didn't make it past prelims, but it's fine.... Honestly was expecting to go up there, announce my form, and stand there like a deer in headlights. My friend took a video but my form looks atrocious (even though everyone watching said it looked all right. My upper and lower body are completely out of sync.)

I ate food. Bedtime 

Started preparing for rental inspection next week. 

I've heard that not all countries do these. But here, the landlord comes once every 6 to 12 months to check that we look after their investment. 

How picky she is varies. Sometimes she's only here 30 seconds. Other times she goes over everything with a fine tooth comb.

I took a bunch of stuff to the garage. Started on my laundry pile. We are generally not terrible. So a week is plenty to tidy up.

20200206_032551.jpg

listened to lady gaga's stupid love. love it. but it sounds exactly like 'i perform this way'. i am so chord driven it's embarrassing.

i live with the continuing horror that my niece loves modern pop music. i heard it's all written by a guy in norway.

i at least discovered punk and new wave in the late seventies while my sister was wowed by kc and the sunshine band, etc.

Sorry, that was stupid shit. today i transcribed the story of a survivor of the battle of Monte Cassino.