CrazyBoards.org

TakeAChillPill

What Did You Accomplish Today?

I guess I never hit the submit butt on Sunday ... I transferred info from my 2016 day planner to the 2017 one.  Took about 2.5 hours to do.

Today I actually got dressed right away, rather than waiting all morning to finally get around to it.  And also brushed my teeth.

On 8/29/2016 at 10:16 PM, jt07 said:

I am again just chipping away at this problem. It's a brute-force chipping, No big flashes of insight yet,

I made some major progress chipping away at the problem today. The ediface is about to fall. I predict that by this time tomorrow, it will be mine. I've got to say that it is looking like I was right all along. Will know more tomorrow.

Washing my hair.  Even though I do it all the time, I was dreading it this morning.  So I just bit the bullet and did it.

23 hours ago, jt07 said:

I made some major progress chipping away at the problem today. The ediface is about to fall. I predict that by this time tomorrow, it will be mine. I've got to say that it is looking like I was right all along. Will know more tomorrow.

It's not mine yet. It's proving to be quite intractable. But it will soon be mine.

Washed my hair and got dressed for the day with an hour or so to spare.

I think I pulled that one off ^^

Had pdoc appointment, met up with a friend for lunch, survived a major trigger of the can't be medicated away variety, picked up the phone when pdoc called and remembered to ask to clarify a medication issue I had, called back when I realize I had forgotten to get the release for work.  Learned from STD that it looks like my check is being processed.  Should have had a list for the pdoc appointment but I was pretty sure my thoughts alone would probably go over better.  

Went grocery shopping. Did minimal work on my math problem because real life rose up and bit me in the ass. However, I did get some thinking done on it and I think there is no logical solution because every book is different. Also, I posted about it on a forum and the people saw my point but the exact resolution they proposed didn't really make any more sense than the books. I am sure I am right. You can't force a square peg into a round hole.

I bathed. Picked up the house and unloaded the dishwasher.

Went to see pdoc who listened to my complaints about current amphetamine regimen and designed a new regime for me to follow on brand new medications. Called around town until I found someone who would order this new medication. Picked it up wednesday and started it, I like it . 

Worked in the yard ( a major milestone) raking leaves, pruned the big cactus, deadheaded the rose bushes and fertilized them. Picked up sticks.

Started lowered Abilify dosage, it will take 4-5 weeks to tell if this is going to work.

Went grocery shopping and general shopping. Did minor maintenance on the car.

Cried some because I am lonely but then connected with Trent in New Orleans on chat and started planning for him to come visit. 

Attended other meeting with another doc, got my refills.

Did enough mental health-wise yesterday to feel stable enough moving forward and to stop trying to test everyone...so today I'm at PHP and I can't do any more, but I'm physically present and will eek out what I can because tdoc asked me to come.  It's mostly going to be a conversation with PHP pdoc because I can't handle group stuff at this point.  That's an area where I haven't resolved my paranoia. 

I'm hoping things move forward, but without the past being a complete blur.  I think it's going to take me a long time to sort out the specifics.  There's one area i would really not like to touch for a while, but the rest will work itself out...and that will eventually I'm sure.  Well kind of sure.  Not knowing who knows and has seen what makes it hard, but I'm not sure I'll ever get that answer.

I moved small furniture and a rug, and swept/vacuumed a shit-ton of dog/cat hair. Er, kinda had let that go for a long time. Mopped, too, it looks nice again.

• Like 1

successfully got myself through PHP (not alone)

that was the main thing.  was going to pick up prescriptions but I'm not clear-minded enough to drive. 

need to do some house-cleaning, but i'll aim for tomorrow morning before my parents come that afternoon i think

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dancesintherain said:

successfully got myself through PHP (not alone)

Congratulations! It must be a huge relief to have that monkey off your back.

Kinda early for me to be posting, but I did a bunch more thinking about this problem and I'm convinced that I am right and that it's an impossible knot that is simply intractable and logically flawed. Far from the beauty that mathematics is supposed to be, this definition (I think) is deliberately left unclear to make the diagram commute and to be generally applicable. I could turn out to be a Gordian knot though, and that is why I still devote time to it.

Also, I learned how to do commutative diagrams in Latex.

Did some therapy homework, did a load of laundry, cooked dinner, scooped box, took and attempted to resubmit passport photo, did a math chapter in ACT book, filled out diary card, managed not to drink or smoke cigs for another day.

When you're as depressed as I am you count all the little piddling stuff as "accomplishments" :P

On August 31, 2016 at 3:58 AM, melissaw72 said:

Washing my hair.  Even though I do it all the time, I was dreading it this morning.  So I just bit the bullet and did it.

I HATE washing my hair.  I'm planning on doing it tomorrow and I'm dreading it.  It's long and thick and wavy so it gets extremely tangled when it gets wet.  Plus I have to wash a shitload of dye out of my hair because I'm washing it for the first time since I got it colored.  I wash my hair once a week at most, and now that I don't smoke cigs, it's not as gross as it might sound.  My hair is on the drier side, so it doesn't get all oily and gross if I leave it unwashed for a week.

49 minutes ago, philosophin said:

Did some therapy homework, did a load of laundry, cooked dinner, scooped box, took and attempted to resubmit passport photo, did a math chapter in ACT book, filled out diary card, managed not to drink or smoke cigs for another day.

When you're as depressed as I am you count all the little piddling stuff as "accomplishments" :P

I know what you mean about being depressed and counting the "little" things that you've done ... those are important to do do also.  For me at least, I get a sense of accomplishment even when doing the little things.

43 minutes ago, philosophin said:

I HATE washing my hair.  I'm planning on doing it tomorrow and I'm dreading it.  It's long and thick and wavy so it gets extremely tangled when it gets wet.  Plus I have to wash a shitload of dye out of my hair because I'm washing it for the first time since I got it colored.  I wash my hair once a week at most, and now that I don't smoke cigs, it's not as gross as it might sound.  My hair is on the drier side, so it doesn't get all oily and gross if I leave it unwashed for a week.

Congratulations on stopping the cigarettes!

I have to wash my hair this morning.  It has been only 2 days, but it needs it badly.  It does get oily (my scalp), which is why I can't go longer than 2 days.  I feel so disgusting.

I know what you mean with hair being tangled after washing; same with me; your hair is much longer than mine (looking at your avatar) ... I've always wondered why on some of the TV commercials the person's hair is perfect coming out the shower ... they should use real people with no fixin up the people before going on TV!  Not people who's hair is normal and too "sleek" right after a shower.  LOL  If that makes sense.

I've never had to wash hair dye out.  I hope it works out for you.  Sounds to me like it takes some time get it out, but I could be wrong, as I've never had hair dye in.

I vacuumed. not as deep as i wanted to but i did rooms and got what i saw, still need to vaccum under beds better though and side of things, i didnt go out though, but thats tomorrows goal.

Got out if bed, really wanted to stay there... Long week.

worked out 1.5 hours 

ate breakfast 

cleaned a bass bow, 

made a few to do lists