CrazyBoards.org

What is your current diagnosis? I'm asking because I saw you posted in a thread about bipolar disorder after 36. Depression with psychotic features is different from bipolar disorder. The way I understand it, any mood episode in bipolar, particularly bipolar I, can include psychosis.

I think you should tell your psychiatrist. There is nothing to be scared about. And, yes, he is likely to change your meds or add an antipsychotic to your current meds.

I'm glad you admitted to your therapist (tdoc) about seeing things.  That is a hard first step!

I agree with jt about telling your psychiatrist (pdoc).  Idk what pdoc will do, but he could change your meds, like you were thinking he might do.

But the sooner you are up front with pdoc the better ... the more likely you will start to get better.  From personal experience ...I waited and didnt' tell the truth for years and I regret it now; I would not have gone through all I did had I told my pdoc up front about everything.

What are you afraid is going to happen if you tell him?

I have recently had depression with psychotic features and it was a very dangerous state of mind for me. Please get help for it as soon as you can.

I also was afraid to open up about how severe the psychotic features were for me. I felt like I was being psychologically tortured 24/7. a med change (addition of Zyprexa) helped tremendously.  

Hoping you have a great IOP experience.

8 hours ago, aura said:

What are you afraid is going to happen if you tell him?

I have recently had depression with psychotic features and it was a very dangerous state of mind for me. Please get help for it as soon as you can.

I'm honestly afraid they're going to hospitalize me and take away my children. Does that sound too much? 

I'm not crazy and the things I've seen don't scare me  I don't want to be labeled  

2 hours ago, Sapphireburst said:

I'm honestly afraid they're going to hospitalize me and take away my children. Does that sound too much? 

I'm not crazy and the things I've seen don't scare me  I don't want to be labeled  

They can't hospitalize you unless you present a clear danger to yourself or others. If your hallucinations aren't leading to self-harm, then I don't think you have anything to worry about.