CrazyBoards.org

I've been taking medicine for my bipolar and ocd and depression since I was 13 ive tried every medicine under the sun and nothing's worked except abilify which made me gain about 60 pounds in 5 or 6 months so I heard of a new medicine called Vraylar that is like abilify but without the weight gain the thing is my insurance Kaiser permanente dosnt cover it and the saving cards dosnt apply to me because I have Kaiser so I was wondering if anybody who lives in California can recommend a doctor I can go to that informed about this medicine and maybe has samples I can try before I fork out over 1,000 dollars thank you!!

2 hours ago, Adore1995 said:

I've been taking medicine for my bipolar and ocd and depression since I was 13 ive tried every medicine under the sun and nothing's worked except abilify which made me gain about 60 pounds in 5 or 6 months so I heard of a new medicine called Vraylar that is like abilify but without the weight gain the thing is my insurance Kaiser permanente dosnt cover it and the saving cards dosnt apply to me because I have Kaiser so I was wondering if anybody who lives in California can recommend a doctor I can go to that informed about this medicine and maybe has samples I can try before I fork out over 1,000 dollars thank you!!

You could also try Brexpiprazole (Rexulti)

Yeah, Rexulti is like the new and improved Abilify that is supposed to have fewer side effects. I'm guessing that you would have a problem getting Rexulti with your insurance also, but maybe not. It's something to check into. 

Also, weight gain is a highly individual side effect. A lot of people find Abilify weight-neutral and some even manage to lose weight on Abilify. So you don't know whether you'd gain on Vraylar (or Rexulti) until you try it.

I switched from Abilfy to rexulti after my tongue started moving.  Wtf.  I didn't want to take an antipsychotic but Abilfy was helping augment the antidepressant I take.  I do not want tardive dyskinesia.  Any comments on td side effects of rexulti?  I understand they can start even after you've stopped taking the drug.