CrazyBoards.org

Just a month ago I was on Seroquel, then changed to Risperdal due to side effects. I lactated pretty bad on Risperdal (milk draining out of my breasts and all over my body and getting my arms wet at night), so my pdoc now has changed it to the dreaded ZYPREXA. I've only taken it in the hospital and I don't know what it will do to me. I've read all the info and am still nervous.

How many of you feel it is your miracle drug, a chance out of the BP doom, and how many hate it? AFter this there is just the typicals and probable SSDI.

--- loon-----

How many of you feel it is your miracle drug, a chance out of the BP doom, and how many hate it? AFter this there is just the typicals and probable SSDI.

--- loon-----

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On one hand it killed my spaced out delusions and hallucinations dead once I went back to 10mg..on the other hand I hate the way I feel on it after a month or so, it makes me gain weight etc etc..just doesnt feel normal being on it...but what can you do?

I take it that Abilify is out of the equation? I take/took it with no discernible side effects whatsoever and it took me to get through Seroquel, Risperdal and Amisulpride before I found a drug that suited. Mind you I dont know how Abilify affects those with BP.

I like Zyprexa. It was a good mood stabilzer for me, checked my delusional guilt, and did not leave me feeling flat, affect-wise. I have taken Zyprexa on and off for several years, dosages ranging from 2.5 - 20mg. I took Zyprexa from Jan-Sept. 2005 and I only gained about 7lbs. which was not bad at all, of course YMMV. Depression returned a month after I stopped the Zyprexa and pdoc started me on Seroquel.

I'm BP. Abilify made me want to jump out of my skin. Geodon's side effects were intolerable. I have never taken Risperdal. I hate Seroquel. For me, Zyprexa is my AAP of choice.

I don't have much experience with Zyprexa. I have taken it for a very short while and it made me very numb.

But I just wanted to say that all the typicals aren't that bad. If you can't find an atypical that works for you, you might wanna look into them.

I had Zyprexa from 5mgs to 20mgs, over a six month period. It did nowt for my psychosis, but did subdue me so I slept more and felt less bothered by my symptoms. I did have Amilsulperide which was great for my symptoms but caused a massive allergic reaction. I am on risperdone now which suits me fineĀ  ;)

I've had Zyprexa for a couple of days now. Obviously this isn't enough time to know if I'm going to turn into a Sea World feature attraction or not. I feel upbeat and not zoned out. So far so good! So far it seems to be the best of the AAPs for me.

With my HMO I have to go through all the AAPs and have bad results before they'll give me Abilify. I'm not afraid to speak up and refuse to take something if it isn't satisfactory. After all, I pay the HMO good bucks!

Archived