CrazyBoards.org

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO KICK EFFEXOR FOR YEARS AND FINALLY DID IT SWITCHED TO LEXAPRO I'M HAPPY IT WAS ONE OF THE ROUGHEST THINGS I HAVE EVER DONE,I WAS ABSOLUTELY SO SICK THAT I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE BUT I MADE IT. HAS ANYONE HAD PROBLEMS IN THIS AREA WITH ANY OTHER DRUGS ITS DEFINITELY CONSUMER BEWARE THESE DRUGS THEY HAND TO US WITHOUT TELLING US THE DOWNSIDE ITS AMAZING TO ME    BUYER BEWARE  

I've had a few that were really bad to get off of. Effexor was by far the worst. I only took it for a few weeks because it made me worse (at some point I was driving on the wrong side of the road believing I was on the right side! That was terrifying). Brain zaps, illness, it was hell. And it took longer for the side effects to go after I stopped taking it than I took it for in the first place!

Good luck with the Lexapro! I haven't been able to tolerate it but I did take citalopram and it wasn't too bad to come off of.

Congratulations! Squirmy, it's so good to see you after a long time. Hope that means you've been ok.

yea its been awhile good to be back been ok except for breaking my hip tearing the meniscus out of my left knee and four surgeries later I mowed the grass today and have stable until I decided to quit all my meds started with effexor next was respiridone then went lamictal next aderal and finally xanex went two months it was horrible crying spells electric zaps blurred vision, nausea and then after the withdrawal symptoms came my schizoaffective symptoms and then my bipolar symptoms I was in the delusion that I was normal from where i was stable so long anyway its good to be back..........thanks

35 minutes ago, squirmy said:

except for breaking my hip tearing the meniscus out of my left knee and four surgeries later I mowed the grass today 

Oh my, that's painful just to read it. I'm glad you are ok now. Wow. Can't imagine that.

I hope you get stable again soon.