CrazyBoards.org

For over a year I have believed that the pharmacists are poisoning my meds. I was told they were paranoid delusions, I have been hospitalised and told if I didn't take them voluntary then I would be put on forced injections. I forced myself to take them so I could get out of hospital. once out I stopped taking them. I was having therapy and the therapist and the pdoc tried to convince me that it's a common delusion and that it's just my illness telling me they're poisoned. I wanted to believe them but my illness didn't so they remained hidden away. Now after more than a year I felt ready. I have taken them. I feel nervous, I feel scared but I did it. I did it on my own. I have no therapist, no pdoc. Maybe this delusion has gone away or maybe not. Time will tell. 

• Like 2

I've seen the same subject here about this delusion of poisoned-meds.

As for me, while psychotic/manic I strongly believe that people are poisoning me or drugging me not trough my prescribed meds. I

I back this believe because I think this is what is causing my symptoms.

For me it's not a strong delusion as it happens sometimes as ideas and 'what if's' and soon as I'm stable I don't think about it but sometimes I think I'm given placebo or doubt the drugs that I'm taking.

I hope you can find a MI health care team that can help you out and you can trust.

In my experience or opinion, some delusions are tough than others and helped me a lot when I saw that I wasn't the only one getting those same patterns of thinking.

Therapy helped me a lot.

Have you ever wondered why they would be poisoning you? 

Again, as for me, I thought my family were pouring meds on my beverages to make me feel better but I was worried that they would do harm even not meaning to do so.

Sometimes I ask my family just in case:

"Are you people pouring drugs/meds on my drinks? - Please, I need to check".

Edited by uncomfortable thoughts

2 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

For over a year I have believed that the pharmacists are poisoning my meds. I was told they were paranoid delusions, I have been hospitalised and told if I didn't take them voluntary then I would be put on forced injections. I forced myself to take them so I could get out of hospital. once out I stopped taking them. I was having therapy and the therapist and the pdoc tried to convince me that it's a common delusion and that it's just my illness telling me they're poisoned. I wanted to believe them but my illness didn't so they remained hidden away. Now after more than a year I felt ready. I have taken them. I feel nervous, I feel scared but I did it. I did it on my own. I have no therapist, no pdoc. Maybe this delusion has gone away or maybe not. Time will tell. 

Congratulations!  That was a big step!

• Like 1

Oh my gosh, how WONDERFUL! I'm so proud of you!

And yes, delusions about poisoned medication are super common. My uncle has struggled with this for a long time. You're definitely not alone.

Keep up the good work, and KEEP US POSTED! :D

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

Thanks everyone. I felt so scared after taking them I was shaking and anxious and ended up going to bed so I wouldn't have to think about it but I woke up this morning fine just incredibly thirsty. Forgot how thirsty anti Psychotics can make you. 

That's great that you were able to fall asleep- it sounds like your anxiety around this is manageable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heilmania said:

That's great that you were able to fall asleep- it sounds like your anxiety around this is manageable. 

It was only because my meds and a couple of painkillers I took for a migraine made me very drowsy and tired. Otherwise I would have been up all night worrying about it. 

It was only because my meds and a couple of painkillers I took for a migraine made me very drowsy and tired. Otherwise I would have been up all night worrying about it. 

8 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

Aw. Sorry to hear that. I hope this gets easier for you. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

Thanks everyone. I felt so scared after taking them I was shaking and anxious and ended up going to bed so I wouldn't have to think about it but I woke up this morning fine just incredibly thirsty. Forgot how thirsty anti Psychotics can make you. 

Sleep always helps.  I'm glad the scare of last night is gone.  I'm also glad you woke up this morning feeling fine.  I hope you continue to do well :)

• Like 1