CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
inmyhead

Provigil and Nuvigil dosage the same?

The info in the PI sheets is one level above my understanding of the two types of modafanil and the chemical differences. But here is my basic question.

I am on 250mg Nuvigil in the morning and 250mg in the afternoon. The price of modafanil has fallen so dramatically that a switch to modafanil makes economic sense. So, what would the correct dosage be to match 500mg of Nuvigil?

I know, these are high dosages. Despite that, are Nuvigil and Provigil 1:1?

My pdoc relayed to me that they are not 1:1.  I took a different dose of each med to achieve equivalency when switching over.  Please consult your pdoc for the dosage that's best for you.

i switched to adderal a long time ago its more effective you build a tolerance to it fast so you have to back off a little every once in a while and then go back to normal dose

On June 10, 2016 at 9:27 AM, lifequake said:

My pdoc relayed to me that they are not 1:1.  I took a different dose of each med to achieve equivalency when switching over.  Please consult your pdoc for the dosage that's best for you.

I mispoke with my question. I'm not going to take a dosage without consulting my pdoc. I'm trying to educate myself better because we were in disagreement about the dosage during my last visit. I don't believe they are equal from a logical position and personal experience.  This was the first time in many years that I really challenged him on his conclusion. It irritated me greatly because I saw it as a case of a pdoc not understanding what it is like taking these drugs and how they effect us.

They are not equal. The PI for Nuvigil indicates dose range of 150 mg to 250 mg for OSA or Narcolepsy and 150 mg Sift Worker Disorder, no range indicated.