CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
sweetlysinister

Music and mental illness

Anyone who is bpd or bipolar love hard music like metal or knife party I just love to  get lost in the beat an the vibrations in my chest make me feel alive music has been a savior in my life

I like music also.  There was a 2-year period where I couldn't listen to music while i desensitized from what I was hearing through the music.  After that, only certain songs I can't listen to because they are triggering, but now I listen to the music I can all the time.

Mushroomhead and godsmack are my favorite bands. I do like other genres of music, but for energy and creative motivation, I turn to them. 

On 6/11/2016 at 10:43 AM, sweetlysinister said:

Anyone who is bpd or bipolar love hard music like metal or knife party I just love to  get lost in the beat an the vibrations in my chest make me feel alive music has been a savior in my life

(in bold) I don't listen to the music you like, but I do like music with a strong "heartbeat-like" sound, and I love listening to that, getting lost in it at times.  Makes me feel alive too.

7 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

(in bold) I don't listen to the music you like, but I do like music with a strong "heartbeat-like" sound, and I love listening to that, getting lost in it at times.  Makes me feel alive too.

I love that feeling specially when I'm hypomanic