CrazyBoards.org

hi has anyone here done lsd on bipolar disorder and ocd what does it feel like? i ve only done weed while on zyprexa and it made me psychotic... weed always makes me super paranoid racing thoughts and time seems like eternity the strange thing is that i cannot sleep on weeds all night maybe its because im psychotic...what do u think about LSD i have a close friend who hasnt any mental illness and done lsd like a thousand times...when i was 20 my great obsession was LSD now im scared about it think it can hospitalize me...just let me know if anyone here with same mental illness that i suffer done it prior to medication or while on medication(i only know that lsd doesnt work with antypsychotic)...

I've never done LSD and would not encourage ANYONE who has a severe mental disorder to try it.   Please don't go that route.  You sound like you might be in a manic state...your paragraph sounds rambling.  Talk to your pdoc about this.

• Like 2

LSD made my OCD worse.  The first several times I did it, it was fine.  The OCD didn't really kick in until my mid 20s.  The last time I did acid after that resulted in days of sheer hell.  I have not been the same person since then.  

• Like 1

Yeah, don't do it.  I did LSD in my early twenties, prior to being on meds.  My first experience was horrible...I was filled with terrifying delusions.  I had better experiences when I dropped by myself and stayed at home.  Still, that first experience tells me that it's not something you want to mess with if you aren't solid psychologically.  Also, I had a crippling acid flashback once when I smoked too much weed.  So you have that to possibly look forward to as well.  

In short, if you react severely to weed, I wouldn't touch acid.

The last few times that I took it about five hours from the start of it I just wanted to be over.

I wasn't having any bad trips or good times.

It was just subsequent changes over changes, patterns over patterns... 

Nothing really sticking, no enlightenment, perspetive...

I would have this trip for days (about two) and that is too demanding and afterwards the whole experience is just exhausting.

At least for me, even having 'bad trips' and being symptomatic while on it, it never caused me a direct severe consequence but subsequent to taking it at least the last few times I could notice more anxiety weeks after and I would have to recover from two days of 'tripping'.

Wasn't worth.

Sometimes I think about it as I did, like it would give me new perspectives or have some sort of entheogenic value.

I was disappointed.

I listened to a podcast from an aging far out man type hippie about the "wonders" of LSD and my take on it is that it opens your mind to the concept that you can see really weird shit thats not there and loose your reference to reality.   Random Flashbacks let you "experience" this at random times which hopefully aren't when your driving (or walking or ??)

Plus I think its important to remember that street drugs can be ANYTHING some dumb ass sells you.  

For what its worth...

I can only toss in the experience of a friend who has bipolar disorder and who was taking medication at the time, rather than myself.  She attempted it twice out of a hope that the first incredibly awful experience and learned quickly that it was simply not a good idea.  Both times she had very long and very awful experiences.  She was fortunate to have someone in the room with her at the same time who could keep her physically safe and intervene if she was starting to take any really bad actions against herself, but even that minimal requirement of physical safety (much less the psychological piece) would have potentially been a problem if she had been on her own. 

It does sound like you have done a sizable amount of psychedelics in the past, given that you said LSD used to be your obsession.  However, it sounds like times have changed for you now, and it would be a bad idea to take them.  You've received a diagnosis that you're taking medication for, and you are noticing that even weed often causes bad experiences.  Times have changed and it simply isn't meant for you now.  On some level, you seem to be aware of this, as you are saying you're worried you could get hospitalized from taking it. 

I'd go as far as to say that even the marijuana may be a bad idea, as it seems as though it may be destabilizing you to some degree.  If you do continue to smoke weed, don't do it at night.  The way it keeps you up all night could potentially lead to mania ensuing in the next days, if you are prone to manic episodes.  Also, the way you're describing the paranoia and lack of sleep sounds somewhat mania-like.  This effect might not be so much from your disorder as an interaction with the medication you're taking, although it might be simply that you react badly to weed on it's own. 

I'll say that I find it a little surprising that you did a lot of LSD in the past, but now even marijuana is leading to these sorts of effects.  However, it seems that you have changed on a psychological level in such a way that drugs aren't for you anymore.  It does happen to some people that they just change like that.  Just look up "turning the corner". 

Edited by Steve223

ive never done LSD but had a strong obsession about it because of OCD there were periods where i thought that this can cure my illness and lead to extraordinary revelations and insights but i was too scared to try it my best friend done it so many times... but he hasnt any kind of mental illness he is completly normal told me that had auditory hallucinations on LSD like schizophrenic...too scared to even smoke weed....

Even in a safe place LSD could be a tough trip (Organic mescaline was not dissimilar but much mellower). Would I take LSD (or mescaline) with a mental illness? Absolutely positively not. Would I take it (or weed) on top of psychiatric medicines? Again, very bad idea.

i think that LSD wont work on me anyways because im on antipsychotic my friend was once tripping balls took 1 zyprexa capsule (5mg) and that ended is trip after 1 hour.... anyways i dont think its something worth trying i could be hospitalized....just had a sheer obssession about it....

First I'd like to say that in this day in age I would advise anyone who does not know were that paper is coming from not to put it on your tongue. Research chemicals are rampant, dangerous, and are often sold and disributed as L. If your on medication don't do drugs. Second taking acid is something you do outside by a campfire with a circle of people you trust, doing it on your own or in a apartment can and most likely will turn into a nightmare of an experience. There are benefits to halucinagins, for example, I at one time in my life was an active addict stuck on the methadone program for 2 years, L helped me realize my problems and I kicked methadone while tripping. an awful experience but I credit lsd and some good friends for helping me see the light. I am 4 years clean. There are drawbacks. flashbacks? I've done acid well over 500 times.. as for that, there is not really such thing as a full on flashback but at times my vision has been effected throughout my life, I may get a glimmer of squiggly lines when I look up at the sky from time totime. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A overdose. No one as far as I know has ever died from acid besides the guy who jumps off a bridge cause he can't handle it. So what I'm saying is this, I have had much enlightenment from most of my experiences, I've remembered thing I'd never think of sober. And for *me, I will do it 2 to 5 times a year because I* get something other than high out of it. That being said, you must make your own choice. If you feel it may benefit you, you can handle 8 to 12 hours, and your in a safe environment, by all means, but understand, for most people, it's not a good idea.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 11:27 PM, bigbangaz said:
1 hour ago, AsWeWindOnDownTheRoad said:

First I'd like to say that in this day in age I would advise anyone who does not know were that paper is coming from not to put it on your tongue. Research chemicals are rampant, dangerous, and are often sold and disributed as L. If your on medication don't do drugs. Second taking acid is something you do outside by a campfire with a circle of people you trust, doing it on your own or in a apartment can and most likely will turn into a nightmare of an experience. There are benefits to halucinagins, for example, I at one time in my life was an active addict stuck on the methadone program for 2 years, L helped me realize my problems and I kicked methadone while tripping. an awful experience but I credit lsd and some good friends for helping me see the light. I am 4 years clean. There are drawbacks. flashbacks? I've done acid well over 500 times.. as for that, there is not really such thing as a full on flashback but at times my vision has been effected throughout my life, I may get a glimmer of squiggly lines when I look up at the sky from time totime. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A overdose. No one as far as I know has ever died from acid besides the guy who jumps off a bridge cause he can't handle it. So what I'm saying is this, I have had much enlightenment from most of my experiences, I've remembered thing I'd never think of sober. And for *me, I will do it 2 to 5 times a year because I* get something other than high out of it. That being said, you must make your own choice. If you feel it may benefit you, you can handle 8 to 12 hours, and your in a safe environment, by all means, but understand, for most people, it's not a good idea.

What you are saying is often true of those without a mental health condition, although there are risks for anyone.  However, it can be a whole different ball game for folks that have things like bipolar, as OP has.  I wouldn't be concerned about OP or anyone "frying their brain", having flashbacks, "never coming down", overdosing, or any of the famous LSD urban legends.  These things are myths, but manic episodes aren't myths. 

OP would be putting himself in danger of suffering a manic episode that could be dangerous for him, if he were to do it.  Therefore, I think it could be dangerous advice to suggest that it may be "enlightening" and suggest he do it if he feels he "can handle it".  Manic episodes can be quite serious, and it goes far beyond "not being able to handle it".  Unfortunately, people can sometimes unknowingly do very dangerous things and/or make extremely bad decisions, or even end up temporarily hospitalized while manic.  Given that, from a purely harm reductionist standpoint, I would say that those suffering from bipolar or other serious mental health diagnoses should stay away from psychedelics because of these risks.  The dangers of potentially triggering mania simply makes it not remotely worth it. 

If OP is seeking an enlightening or transformative experience, mediation would likely be a better bet for OP.  There are no risks involved in it, as far as I am aware of.  Given OP's tendency to reach such altered states of consciousness very easily with cannabis, he probably would be able to get to some very enlightening places very easily by simply meditating.  Of course, in order to experience this, OP would need to remain dedicated to the practice.  However, it would likely be extremely beneficial to him over the course of time, and it may bring about great positive change, without any risks.  I think that the practice would likely suit him very well, given everything that he wrote. 

Edited by Steve223
  • Like 1

I did lsd a lot before I got on any meds but I won't even try it now especially since I heard if your on a antipsychotic you won't feel much of anything also lsd will  make any negative feeling become a part of your trip also it  will just burn up all your sertoin and might lead to depression    

• Like 1

Never, ever, ever under-estimate the potential influence of psychedelics like LSD and Datura etc on mental well being because of all the potential variables involved. In hindsight.......(it is such a beautiful thing isn't it)....I would stay away from strong psychedelics or at the very least use them in moderation and with a lot of prior planning and preparation. Even saying that...the best laid plans can go bad.

Edited by sprocket
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 7:18 PM, sprocket said:

Datura

Don't even mention that God awful plant :o  Made the idiotic (and luckily not deadly) mistake of deciding to eat some of that horrific stuff in my more reckless years...... it's absolutely horrible and isn't even worthy of being considered a drug really.  Honestly, it's not even really a drug so much as a toxic, chemically induced insanity.  I had no idea it was possible to have such an awful experience from such a minute quantity of a plant that I had ingested :o 

Plus, my nightmare of a "trip" lasted for THREE DAYS!  Now, merely looking at that horrible plant makes me cringe, and I also read after the fact that it can actually kill you by basically causing you to suddenly drop dead of a heart attack during the nightmarish "trip" that it causes!  I cannot believe such a horrendous substance even exists, although it does.  The thing is, it's not even really a "trip" in the classic sense of the term.  It just basically causes your brain to short circuit and likely suffer damage in the process.  Never touch this stuff, it's truly and utterly horrible garbage that could easily kill someone foolish enough to ingest it.  There also is ZERO potential for insights or anything positive.  It just makes you go nuts, sometimes even permanently.   

Edited by Steve223

Yeah a ton but not since I was 18. Mostly positive experiences compared to mushrooms which generally made my face beat red and made me so uncomfortable I wanted to jump out of my skin which is weird because most people have the opposite experience with the 2. And the guy a few posts up is right, with all the weird chemicals around these days you have no clue what may be being sold as LSD. I wouldn't even chance it. I think people have died recently taking what they thought was acid.

It doesn't work properly on anti-psychotics. I've done it a couple times before I was on meds and then I tried it on meds and it didn't work. I've been taking less of my anti-psychotics for quite a while now because it was interfering with my creative process and I was on a mad night out, 2-3 months ago and I dropped some and it did work, but that was because I had reduced my AP dose so it only acted as a sleeping pill when I needed one. The anti-psychotic effects were not there hence it worked.

All I'll say is don't try it when you're manic because the delusions will come out and they'll come out strong. It doesn't fuck you up though if you're completely stable. I've always been in favour of legalisation of psychedelics but that's because I'm very spiritual, I beilive that it connects me with other realities and realms not visible through the limited human consciousness. 

I'm not promoting it though.

Edited by The Right Honourable Jimmy
  • Like 1

LSD is a powerful tool. A gift to humanity some might say. It isn't right for everyone in every circumstance. If cannabis made you psychotic, it seems likely that LSD would as well. I'd advise against taking psychedelics with a mind under turmoil. For a ~12 hour experience it can have lasting reprocussions(years) for some people. For better and for worse.