CrazyBoards.org

Trazodone and relief from OCD.

I don't know, but that's a good question whether trazodone helps OCD or not. I would think if it did, you would have to be taking a much larger dose than 50 mg because I believe 50 mg is a small (sleeping) dose for trazodone. With SSRIs, OCD requires doses close to the maximum to be effective.

Thanks to everyone that replied.

That's what I was wondering, this dosage is the sleeping one.

I'm having problems to sleep as well as I'm having trouble with obsessions.

PDOC said 50mg would be good for sleep and could easy what he described as OCD related 'worries, anxiety...'.

Mania/hypo isn't current symptoms but more like:

Trazodone can bring me mania.

That's upsetting.

To think that I would have to max this or any other antidepressant...

I used to tolerate some antidepressants.

Last year I took minimum of fluoxetine and less than one week it coasted me three days and huge doses of depressants to sleep.

It sounds to me like your doctor was talking about the trazodone calming your anxiety down due to its sedation which could improve your OCD. That it might do, but it's not same as getting rid of the OCD thoughts and behaviors. It just improves them a bit.

If you have both bipolar and OCD, there are ways to deal with it. None are ideal, but they usually involve taking the AD together with a mood stabilizer and finding the correct dose of the mood stabilizer to balance out the high dose AD.

43 minutes ago, jt07 said:

It sounds to me like your doctor was talking about the trazodone calming your anxiety down due to its sedation which could improve your OCD. That it might do, but it's not same as getting rid of the OCD thoughts and behaviors. It just improves them a bit.

Well, this is what I got from him.

I'm not too impaired by OCD and I had abandoned this DX long time ago, it's just that I'm obsessing over something during the day, over worried and I'm having more trouble in decision making than usual.

45 minutes ago, jt07 said:

If you have both bipolar and OCD, there are ways to deal with it. None are ideal, but they usually involve taking the AD together with a mood stabilizer and finding the correct dose of the mood stabilizer to balance out the high dose AD.

I'll have to wait further to see this.

It seems like when I'm really stable (stress, sleep and mood). 

If I have any OCD symptom is something to subtle.

Unfortunately I'm in between not only PDOCS (since my resigned form health care provider) but I'm in between treatments.

This resignation is one of many factor of 'life happening' this month that worsened my stress...

I have this neighbor, for an example, yesterday after taking 30mg of flurazepam and 10mg of Stilnox, this FUCKING KID screamed in the middle of the night.

When this prick isn't running around he is crying and the parents are screaming at him or those parents are fucking building an endless piece of furniture.

Dman, this is annoying me so much...

I thought of going out in the middle of the night to get the 'new meds' that the government thinks it's best for me.

Changing mood stabilizer once again and adding Trazodone to 'relief' some symptoms.

BTW, I'm about to post on oxcarbazepine / carbamazepine topic that I made.

I'll start oxcabazepine this night. 

If the sedation would be the target he would put me on carbamazepine, because, when he asked what I looked for mood, he said that only left those two. 

And bad month carbamazepine as my old-resigned pdoc did.

This time I asked,

He said that:

"If you are complaining about the sedation that flurazepam bring you in the afternoon on the next day, carbamazepine would just make it worst".

Hmmm, which sounds something good for mania.

Anyways.

I need to get some relief on my symptoms and start over appointment in august with someone who has access to almost all my MI history from last pdoc.

or maybe I'll start over,

I'm starting to think that that PDOC of the gov. has some points and things to add up to my MI that others overlook or took for granted.

I don't know.

See...

I'm somehow stuck with some of those things.

Well, I saw a bunch of 'errors' in my spelling up there.

Hmmm...

I took the pill, read a bit about it.

I'm anxious about it.

I'm anxious about a bunch of things.

If at least this easy the anxiety...

To be honest, I was showering and wondering if I have an angry issue.

Well, I'm starting Oxcarbazepine as well.

Sigh.

Let the games begin.

I am on Trazodone, started out with 50 mg.  I am on 200 mg now, and at every 50 mg increase I never felt tired.  Actually it got rid of the hallucinations (out loud voices that I myself could only hear) so I rarely hear the voices anymore (other than the ones that think to me).

For the OCD, I'm not finding trazodone helps, although having the ruminating thoughts has lessened some, but not completely.  I didn't realize that until now.

17 hours ago, uncomfortable thoughts said:

Well, this is what I got from him.

I'm not too impaired by OCD and I had abandoned this DX long time ago, it's just that I'm obsessing over something during the day, over worried and I'm having more trouble in decision making than usual.

I'll have to wait further to see this.

It seems like when I'm really stable (stress, sleep and mood). 

If I have any OCD symptom is something to subtle.

Unfortunately I'm in between not only PDOCS (since my resigned form health care provider) but I'm in between treatments.

This resignation is one of many factor of 'life happening' this month that worsened my stress...

I have this neighbor, for an example, yesterday after taking 30mg of flurazepam and 10mg of Stilnox, this FUCKING KID screamed in the middle of the night.

When this prick isn't running around he is crying and the parents are screaming at him or those parents are fucking building an endless piece of furniture.

Dman, this is annoying me so much...

I thought of going out in the middle of the night to get the 'new meds' that the government thinks it's best for me.

Changing mood stabilizer once again and adding Trazodone to 'relief' some symptoms.

BTW, I'm about to post on oxcarbazepine / carbamazepine topic that I made.

I'll start oxcabazepine this night. 

If the sedation would be the target he would put me on carbamazepine, because, when he asked what I looked for mood, he said that only left those two. 

And bad month carbamazepine as my old-resigned pdoc did.

This time I asked,

He said that:

"If you are complaining about the sedation that flurazepam bring you in the afternoon on the next day, carbamazepine would just make it worst".

Hmmm, which sounds something good for mania.

Anyways.

I need to get some relief on my symptoms and start over appointment in august with someone who has access to almost all my MI history from last pdoc.

or maybe I'll start over,

I'm starting to think that that PDOC of the gov. has some points and things to add up to my MI that others overlook or took for granted.

I don't know.

See...

I'm somehow stuck with some of those things.

Yikes you make my hair stand on end.  Government Doctor sounds as good as surplus government cheese.   Kids screaming ugh.   Neighbors all taking turns mowing lawns all "F"ing weekend is another thrill.   In particular I don't love the people with big black trucks and no mufflers (Loud motorcicles roaring down the street at closing time)

One blessing.  I don't have any neighbors building furniture?  What are they building???

37 minutes ago, HAL9000 said:

Yikes you make my hair stand on end.  Government Doctor sounds as good as surplus government cheese.   Kids screaming ugh.   Neighbors all taking turns mowing lawns all "F"ing weekend is another thrill.   In particular I don't love the people with big black trucks and no mufflers (Loud motorcicles roaring down the street at closing time)

One blessing.  I don't have any neighbors building furniture?  What are they building???

To be honest, I thought the gov. doc saw some tough s#it during his career, not as bad as I would thought.

I have no idea, I have some theories that the guy works restoring furniture or he's keeping some ilegal immigrants or hostages there...

Ha!  Ok, sorry that hording immigrants comment just made me laugh but sadly its possibly true?   I'm trying to understand the US healthcare system and its just nuttier then squirril poop.    I think it was originally set up to make the Doctors go insane.  Now I think they have added the Patients to the hit list. 

I saw the most depressing thing on netflix about the history of the ER.   The old system was that someone came or was brought in and a mass of people rushed to their aid.   The now picture is people waiting hours and hours for a Doctor to come out to ask questions so they can fill out some more endless forms.   How do things all gravitate to the most stupid possible result?

29 minutes ago, HAL9000 said:

I saw the most depressing thing on netflix about the history of the ER.   The old system was that someone came or was brought in and a mass of people rushed to their aid.   The now picture is people waiting hours and hours for a Doctor to come out to ask questions so they can fill out some more endless forms.   How do things all gravitate to the most stupid possible result?

That's really interesting (while also being depressing).  Did they say anything about differences either between hospitals or depending on what you were there for?  I'm just thinking back on the response I got when I ended up in a trauma unit after a car accident and it was vastly different.  They progressively scaled it back after it was clear I wasn't dying or really anywhere close to dying (I was brought to shock-trauma only because the mechanism of injury suggested there could be a bit problem, not because I was actually feeling any likely injuries). But right after I came in there were about 8 health professionals around me with each taking different responsibilities even though the hospital would have gotten the information in advance from the EMTs notification that I wasn't reporting any possible injuries.  I didn't provide any information until right before discharge because the EMTs gave the information when I got there, they didn't have any forms for me to fill out (possibly because there were questions about whether I could have), and they didn't bother asking for my car and health insurance info until the very end, almost as an afterthought.  I would have given it anyway because of not wanting to be sent a huge bill that I'd then have to follow up on, but it was still a very different perspective on things.  I don't know to what degree I'm really lucky and the exception to the rule versus having it be more because it was a trauma center and accident-related. 

The other most recent experience I expected to get laughed out of the ER and was only there because my then-girlfriend was dragging me kicking and screaming.  Apparently I underestimated the seriousness of the symptoms because I was brought back to the triage nurse within probably 5 minutes and taken immediately from there to a room where I saw the nurse five minutes later and the doctor about five minutes after that.  The initial paperwork was only about six questions (demographics and why you were there and your level of pain) and the insurance was handled later after I was in the room.  That said, I've also seen them be much slower at responding to people in some situations (though I didn't know what they were there for), even if their initial paperwork stuff isn't very cumbersome.  So that's kind of why I'm curious whether the document suggested if there's any variation based on either the hospital itself or at least what the reason for you being there was. 

1 hour ago, HAL9000 said:

Ha!  Ok, sorry that hording immigrants comment just made me laugh but sadly its possibly true?   I'm trying to understand the US healthcare system and its just nuttier then squirril poop.    I think it was originally set up to make the Doctors go insane.  Now I think they have added the Patients to the hit list. 

Well, to be fair, at one time people went to the ER when it really was an emergency. Then came the trend where people use the ER as their primary care for all sorts of non-emergency problems like colds and flu. So now they do triage and determine who really needs emergent care and who can wait.

The answer to waiting is to have a primary care doctor for all but emergencies.

About the 50mg Trazodone.

This is the third day.

I think it's causing me some itchy skin for about 3 hours.

I isolate the intake today to test.

Well, it is itching and it's not causing any sedation or inducing sleep.

I took about two hours ago and nothing considerable.

I'm taking the brand name, the only available here, fortunately, two months is pretty cheap compared to other brand antidepressants.

Related to OCD, 

I had some bad news related to finances that I'll have to solve and now, until I can't get this done most of the other things went to ice.

Now I'm just obsessing to solve this in the best way.

I have until day 1 to pay a bunch of bills and I can breath for one month, if things goes as planned, can get a two to three months to get a job.

I can't see this happening in my field, but I can't be pick right now.

I'm still worried about the future, it's hard to be optimistic right now.

====

About the public Mental Care I have here, 

Was smooth as it gets.

Took me a lot less time than my private to get the care and without any appointment.

The problem would be to get a steady appointment and do other stuff, like, blood test.

I can see something like months to get a blood test.

A thing that I can do and I was used to do every month.

I live in a 'third world' country.

I was positively surprised.

I had some MI related issue while in US.

The ambulance took me to a hospital.

I said about private insurance while they got my info.

That particular hospital said that I would have to got by myself to the MI care.

They gave me the paper and said I would have to cross the street because the clinic was there.

Exodus, was the name of the clinic.

I went there I was scared since I'm very sensitive to dopamine antagonist I nobody knew I was there.

People were having some bad reactions there related to movement.

I have no idea if I hallucinated someone saying.

'You can do it'

So, I just went away and start walking....

The police got me laying down in a garden taking a grass splinter 'rain', because in LA, that's the most of a rain I got.

=====

About the neighbor,

I'm pretty sure he works with tools, screws and things like that, so I'm assuming it's furniture work. 

I can hear he dropping some metallic little things, like screws and after that the tool and the sound of 'sofas' being dragged.

Constantly.

There's the running kid and the lady walking...

The kid isn't theirs, it's the kid from their son.

Unfortunately isn't noises in my head as everybody notices even the 'guy' that I had to call to hear to make a formal complain about.

One time at elevator the lady who lives there asked me if she made noise and I told her I can hear the 'lamp bulks' cracking from the jumping the kid does.

She said he is three and come only once a month or less.

Fucking liar.

The condominium found out that the kid is about five going six, comes 4/5 days a week and there's complain about the furniture work that probably her housed does.

Unfortunately the law of the condominium requires that more than one apartment make complains to take measurements, my apartment is the only one under this family's apartment, so if they drop and run, only when the kid screams the upstairs neighbor would be pissed.

Well, I'm kind of getting used to.

I used to have those sadistic fantasies of killing them with bare hands but life is a bad enough event, I guess this is punishment enough for now.

The screaming kid, after all, probably is waking up their grandpas too.

I'm still trying to make this stop, but besides actually killing, I will have to get used to.

I read about getting some machine to make some 'white noises', like, ocean, jungle... I'm broke as fuck, but would be cool to get one of those to see if it cancel the night scream or the walking, running out of pattern...

I'm stuck with this neighbor.

Edited by uncomfortable thoughts

UT ... I am dealing with the same thing, where the people above me make so much noise especially the running around, banging pots and pans, as if there was a parade in that apartment, going back and forth and back and forth.  And the parents aren't much better.

So I can totally relate to you and dealing with this.  I use a fan to try and block out the noise, but they are so loud it doesn't touch how loud they can be.  White noise might work like you said ... instead of buying anything though, do you have a radio with a station that gets static on any channel?  That might work like white noise does.

I'm stuck with my neighbors too.

@melissaw72 hmmm, I don't think radio only static would work as better as a scenario would, as nostalgic as static gets, I think I need some scenario to those running and screaming.

I'm sedating the f#ck out of myself, last night I did not overtook anything, since I'm not seeing any pdoc, my hypnotic benzo become flurzepam, I have diazepam/clonzepam and zolpidem/zolpiclone as well. 

And, well, trazdone as the topic goes...

It probably gave coincidentally, since it did not induce, some beautiful dreams

Last night I dreamt about love.

Sone old love showed up and was just as pleasant as it gets.

Sigh.

Love is beautiful, unfortunately, as a erotomanic, I just throw away this thing that goes beyond good and evil.

I'm having some sort of adrenaline rushes or or euphoria.

After just a few days after the first week on Trazodone, only 50mg, I can feel it in my veins and bones.

It's like I'm on the edge of a building ready to jump!

Went to PDOC and told about this, he increased Trazodone to 150mg.

Yesterday I took the 150mg instant release.

Felt really dizzy and very quickly.

I had this huge huger, I can atribute that I didn't eat 'well' at dinner  but also, I'm thinking that when I'm dizzy I'm conditioned to go and eat something.

I can't sleep with that kind of hunger, so I ate, not like quetiapine eating, but I ate significantly, brushed my teeth and went to bed but I just could not sleep and all that sedation and dizziness just vanished almost in the same ratio as it showed up.

I had to took half Imovane adding up to 15mg of Dalmadorm and 150mg of Trazdone to sleep.

This night I had a bunch of 'mild' or 'stressful' nightmares.

Since insomnia started I'm losing my focus.

I think this euphoria is related to Trazodone, but PDOC thinks different, this I could benefit from it on reducing anxiety and OCD.

I'm worried that it could turn out as mania but I'm so exhausted by almost a semester of insomnia that I don't think it's physically possible to this turn out as mania.

Yesterday I had some arguments with a family member in the kitchen and I washed my hands and noticed only after a while what I done. 

I think the stress is making my OCD worst and this is the first time that I noticed the ritualistic washing hands without  being related to mania.

Is it possible or related to norepinephrine that I'm having those rushes?

Usually this starts on afternoons and goes away after taking a spread dosage of mood stabilizer.