CrazyBoards.org

Can you cry/laugh?

I seem to have no control over crying or laughing.  I will cry when I really don't want to (ie sad situation but professionally shouldn't be crying) and will sometimes laugh inappropriately.

Of course, I'm pretty unstable at the moment.  I cried over a tv commercial the other day, and it wasn't even a particularly well done commercial.

Hello!

I cannot cry.  I kinda start, then nothing.

I can laugh when there is a conversation.

I can't laugh when I am watching movies or tv.

Damn lithium!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't take lithium, but have been in this flat place. Cymbalta (for MDD) took all my tears away. Thank god. I recently switched benzos Ativan to Klonopin, will start tapering slowly once I'm more stable. My moods have been all over the darker end of the spectrum. Have been some tears, but nothing like when in the Abyss.

Just thought I'd chime in with my flat self.

Hugs,

Suze

i used to not be able to cry unless it was allergies or something.  that was before i was on meds.  i was just sort of numb to any sort of emotion.

now it seems i'm crying all the time...

i laugh when i see something funny, but if i am depressed i may not laugh.

I have found that there is a certain level with lithium above which I go flat.  My Pdoc has worked with me to adjust my dosage below that level.

The other positive thing is that my tolerance for lithium seems to be increasing so that a level that previously shut off my emotions no longer does so.

A.M.

I can barely cry anymore.  I don't know if its the Topamax, Seroquel, or just plain walls I have built to become an unemotional rock.  *tap, tap*  I actually tried to make myself cry earlier this week by playing hours of depressing and sentimental music.  It worked a little.  But I can't seem to be appropriately upset.

Huh. ;)

JBella

i've never been one for much crying. stiff upper lip, frozen heart, don't know. but giggles has always been my middle name. sometimes, cackles. didn't win me any popularity contests.

now, on meds, i still laugh...but i don't cry...but the difference is, i don't get the soul-crushing agony anymore.

Archived