CrazyBoards.org

screaming obsenities in my head

well hello i have Bipolar disorder and ocd... i think the most annoying part of my OCD is that i keep swearing people in my head even loved one that really pisses me off actually i like my ocd but this part i really dont like im on geodon and zoloft it got a little better but not optimal i really want this part of ocd to stop and i think about cbt what do u think guys?(i dont want to increase doses im currently on 40 mg geodon twice a day and 50mg zoloft twice a day also) any advices will be welcomed...

btw does anyone here also have this problem/?

Well, if you want this to go away, you have to be willing to increase your doses if your doctor thinks that will help. I'm not a doctor, but I do know that high doses of SSRIs are fast becoming the gold standard for the treatment of OCD. 100 mg of Zoloft is not all that high since the max is 200 mg. Also, get therapy, especially CBT but ACT can be useful as well. In my case, therapy and meds were the one-two punch that finally helped liberate me (mostly) from my OCD compulsions.

do u think that the swearing in my head repeatedly is ocd before i tried zoloft i have been constantly swearing in my head non stop got stuck on endless loop... that really sucks now the loops are gone but i keep swearing randomly or when im not concentrated on something i ve also noticed that when im depressed or hypomanic this is barely noticeable why is that? and i also got an obsession with TD read all day long about it on the internet now this obsession has stopped and i do a lot of sport but the swearing hasnt stopped i want this to stop without increasing dose of zoloft because if i increase the zoloft ill be manic and my pdoc will also increase geodon dose i absolutley dont want to increase antipsychotic dose...it started 1 year ago...

does anyone here also have this annoying problem its been like that for 10 months not treated and i started taking the zoloft 5 weeks ago....Its been like hell in my work ive been constantly swearing my boss that i really love and people around me for mor than half a year and i had serious mood swings while on zyprexa 5mg so my pdoc changed it to geodon 40mg twice daily and zoloft 50mg twice daily....