CrazyBoards.org

I was reading an article about hoarding and it mentioned that hoarding can be a part of psychosis. I had never heard this as I always assumed it was a part of OCD so I went searching for information and I found this article. I can relate to it so much. While I wouldn't classify myself as a hoarder I am often surrounded by mess and rubbish. I know it's unclean but when I look at it I start feeling really overwhelmed and don't know where to begin but compared to the people you see in shows like Hoarders I am nowhere near that level. The rubbish isn't piling up, I'm not surrounded by cockroaches etc but I do know my place could be much better but how do you begin when your thoughts start to overwhelm you like mine do? Can anyone else relate to this?

http://healthguides.healthgrades.com/advances-in-schizophrenia/schizophrenia-and-hoarding-disorder?p=1

I can relate but I wouldn't call it hoarding in my case. I think it has to do with me neglecting my hygiene (not brushing my teeth, not bathing, cooking but not washing the dishes). I just don't have the energy to clean, so I leave the mess and it starts to pile up. For example, right now I have used bowls, quite a bit dirty laundry, clean laundry and photo albums scattered all over the place. It makes me feel bad but I just can't clean. Once in the while, when I'm euphoric I have the energy, but besides that I need help when it comes to maintaining my surroundings.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, springorange said:

I can relate but I wouldn't call it hoarding in my case. I think it has to do with me neglecting my hygiene (not brushing my teeth, not bathing, cooking but not washing the dishes). I just don't have the energy to clean, so I leave the mess and it starts to pile up. For example, right now I have used bowls, quite a bit dirty laundry, clean laundry and photo albums scattered all over the place. It makes me feel bad but I just can't clean. Once in the while, when I'm euphoric I have the energy, but besides that I need help when it comes to maintaining my surroundings.

Yes! This describes me perfectly.