CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
Laftaf

Homeless

Well it looks like I am  going to be homeless for awhile. It's all my doing because of the poor choices I made due to my depression. I am currently trying to reduce my stuff so it will fit in my care and basically, I will have to live out of it for awhile. It is slow going on my resume, but I am still trying  to get it completed. If anyone has any good thoughts, or tips on living out of your car, please let me know. This is not something I have done nor thought I would be doing at my age, but I gotta make it work somehow. It is kind of sad to be getting rid of a lot of my stuff, well I did purge about a year ago,  but I also feel kind of liberated by not having the things, I am a "shopper"  and not in a good way, The stuff that I have is not high quality, but I did realize one thing today,

It is that, I tend to buy things for "the life I want."  and not for the life that I have  now.and since I am in no circumstance to even start having that nicely decorated apartment type life, I just had to donate a few boxes of things.  I have to keep remember to only buy for the life that I have right now. The one good thing about this forced purge ( my stuff really isn't worth the money to put it into storage) is that I am turning into a minimalist very quickly. Although, I am a bit tearful right now because I messed up again and now I have to live the consequences. So if you can send me good thoughts because I am a bit scared of living in my car especially at night. I have been reading blogs and such about the subject, and it can be done, but I think It wil be rocky.

Sending good wishes your way ...  I'll be thinking of you.

I hope everything gets settled soon.

4 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

Sending good wishes your way ...  I'll be thinking of you.

I hope everything gets settled soon.

Awwwh, thank you. I will definitely need it.

Have you checked on what resources there are in your area to help the homeless or soon-to-be-homeless? And if you are in credit card debt, you can usually work with the banks to reduce or even eliminate payments until you are back on your feet. They reached a compromise settlement with me after I could no longer afford to pay. Just don't go through those businesses that advertise on television or in the mail. They get a percentage which costs you. Better to work directly with the banks.

• Like 1

Do you mean the bank  where your credit card is from? You just call them up and  say that you can't pay?

Basically, yeah, that's what you do. To be honest, I missed a few payments and they reached out to me. But it's better (for your credit) if you call them and say that you are having a hard time right now and need help with the payments.

Hmmm.

I can't pay the credit cards this month either.

I think if I call, they will push me some deal with almost 9% interest a month which I can't take it.

I got advised to just let this on 'ice' and deal with the this current debt when I can have an offer to pay.

No paying will be almost 13%/month, damn, those guys know how to roll.

Here where I live is the worst economic crises in about two decades... 

4 hours ago, uncomfortable thoughts said:

Hmmm.

I can't pay the credit cards this month either.

I think if I call, they will push me some deal with almost 9% interest a month which I can't take it.

I got advised to just let this on 'ice' and deal with the this current debt when I can have an offer to pay.

No paying will be almost 13%/month, damn, those guys know how to roll.

Here where I live is the worst economic crises in about two decades... 

Hi thoughts,

So your thinking, It may be better just to not call, and just wait until you have the money to pay? I'm trying to weigh my options right now. I'm in a bad situation so I will take all advice right now.

7 hours ago, jt07 said:

Basically, yeah, that's what you do. To be honest, I missed a few payments and they reached out to me. But it's better (for your credit) if you call them and say that you are having a hard time right now and need help with the payments.

JT,

I guess it couldn't hurt to call right? Hmmm, I will be officially homeless tomorrow, so I think I will have to start getting things done.it's like I have to force myself to fix mess that I created. Thanks, for the idea....

6 minutes ago, Laftaf said:

Hi thoughts,

So your thinking, It may be better just to not call, and just wait until you have the money to pay? I'm trying to weigh my options right now. I'm in a bad situation so I will take all advice right now.

JT,

I guess it couldn't hurt to call right? Hmmm, I will be officially homeless tomorrow, so I think I will have to start getting things done.it's like I have to force myself to fix mess that I created. Thanks, for the idea....

I have no idea what's best, we don't live in the same country, maybe here is different practices.

I never got myself in this situation, I'm too selling my stuff for a while since I'm unemployed and I guess I overhead today's news that unemployment here reached out 17%, so I guess there's a bunch of people on debt right now.

I think I'm going to lose the apartment where I live soon.

I don't know what's going to happen.

I really don't know what's going to happen to myself.

I wish us both luck, because on this week I went to sell something on the city nearby.

I used to work steady for two years there and what I saw ain't pretty, the number of homeless people on the areas that I used to pass to go to work multiplied a lot.

I will be officially homeless tomorrow, so I think I will have to start getting things done.it's like I have to force myself to fix mess that I created.

Laftaf ... how are you doing?

IMO about the bank and finances, I would call them out of courtesy and tell them that you won't be able to pay them (for however long), and is there something they could do to help you.  I hope you are doing ok.