CrazyBoards.org

can antipsychotic solely give response to depression

hi all when i was firstly prescribed zyprexa 5mg for bipolar disorder i felt great my emotions where less intense and i felt so good but then i fell into deep depression that lasted more than 6 months and refused to take antidepressant for my depression it was only when i start taking antidepressant that i felt relive from depression... so my question is does an antipsychotic solely(I mean if u take only antipsychotic) can treat the depression of bipolar? my cousin takes only invega by injection and doesnt feel depressed..so my question is why when i first started zyprexa without antidepressant i felt great than i fell into deep depression... and there was a long period after that i was without antidepressant and didnt fell depressed at all or sometimes mildly depressed.... now im on geodon 40 mg twice daily + zoloft 50 mg twice daily Mainly For OCD and i feel a lot better but sometimes i have hypomanic episodes that lasts a couple of hours....is that possible to have hypomanic episode on antipsychotic that lasts a few hours? thanks for commenting

Keep in mind that antipsychotics effect the same neurotransmitters that many antidepressants do so there is not a hard line drawn between their abilities. Use what works and don't be so rigid in your understanding of what they are capable of based solely on the name "antidepressant" or "antipsychotic". Generally most antipsychotics have some degree of antidepressant activity.

one more question if geodon half life is 7 hours when does it cease to work i mean i took my mornin dose at 6 am than my evening dose at 8 pm but i was starting to feel really paranoid around 7 pm when i went to eat with a friend of mine i had the feeling like he put intentionaly drugs in my food or beverage but when i took the geodon with food i noticed improvement do u think i need to increase the dose?? thanks for commenting