CrazyBoards.org

For the past 2 months, whenever I fall asleep, I have dreams in which I hear voices. These dreams are less visual and more voices, but they have to do with particular scenarios in which the dreams take place. However, at times these voice dreams wake me up, and upon waking up, they instantly stop. These voices happen in a semi sleepy state again- when I fall asleep off and on in the morning. However when I am completely awake, everything is gone. Is this schizophrenia?

Do you have these voices as you are drifting off to sleep?

http://mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/05/18/hypnopompic-hallucinations-causes-types-treatment/

I have these also, as I drift off to sleep sometimes.

I wouldn't say this ONE thing you describe defines a schizophrenia diagnosis ... SZ is more complex than what you are talking about. 

However, I am NOT saying you don't have SZ.  I'm just basing this on the one symptom you are asking about.

I dont have voices as i drift off to sleep- I have racing out of control thoughts. I have these voices DURING sleep. Im guessing they could be dreams? But I have been told that hypnopompic hallucinations dont have anything to do with SZ. Generally the voices have to present while awake. 

6 hours ago, Aniket said:

For the past 2 months, whenever I fall asleep, I have dreams in which I hear voices. These dreams are less visual and more voices, but they have to do with particular scenarios in which the dreams take place. However, at times these voice dreams wake me up, and upon waking up, they instantly stop. These voices happen in a semi sleepy state again- when I fall asleep off and on in the morning. However when I am completely awake, everything is gone. Is this schizophrenia?

( ^^ OP)

4 hours ago, Aniket said:

I dont have voices as i drift off to sleep- I have racing out of control thoughts. I have these voices DURING sleep. Im guessing they could be dreams? But I have been told that hypnopompic hallucinations dont have anything to do with SZ. Generally the voices have to present while awake. 

(^^ 2nd post)

In your OP ... I apologize if I missed it, but I did not read in your original post (OP) that you have the "racing out of control thoughts" ...  like you said you had, in your 2nd post (see above).

So do you have dreams whenever you fall asleep or the racing out of control thoughts?  Or both?

I got the hypnopompic idea based on you saying, (in your OP) "these voices happen in a semi sleepy state."

Idk if i am way off, but if so I am sorry ... I have a fuzzy mind this morning.

I forgot to add:  Are you on medication/s? Seeing a pdoc?