CrazyBoards.org

So ... Is memory loss just something that happens due to the meds we take or what cause I feel like mine is getting worse for example went to wal-mart to pick up some pop got my coke and ,my husbands mountain dew grabbed my mother in law caffeine free Pepsi or so I thought checked out but apparently grabbed crush instead of the Pepsi but I have no memory of doing so it's completely blank an stuff like this happens often 

I think putting pressure on ourselves to do everything right and freaking out and obsessing over it is part of being mentally interesting, because we can never just let ourselves make mistakes and accept them simply: we're always afraid we did [mistake] because we're crazy or the meds are fucking us up.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gearhead said:

I think putting pressure on ourselves to do everything right and freaking out and obsessing over it is part of being mentally interesting, because we can never just let ourselves make mistakes and accept them simply: we're always afraid we did [mistake] because we're crazy or the meds are fucking us up.

True it's hard to know the difference 

I have terrible memory and feel almost dementic, or at least dementia praecoxish! I forget what I just said, I cannot recall yesterday, I can only see what I see NOW. And comprehension doesn't work...and trying to manage things is really taxing my psyche when have to take into account every detail at the same time (most people would never ever come to think about these, they take for granted the normal reflexes)..Mind has lost it's flexibility and feels like calcium carbonate! Or cotton...or wood...or metal....I am trying brain supplements to boost things up... but still they don't seem to work enough. Meds definitely worsen it, but it's also nicer to be less aware and calmer than hyper-aware and hyperreactive (like having one mold spore at home means it's ALL gone)...

I experience terrible memory loss. People will tell me things, and I will have no recollection of them doing so. Or they will talk about an event that we went to or that occurred and I won't remember it at all. Or I'll remember disjointed bits and peices of things that may have happened or that my mind may have just made up. It was scary at first but I"m used to it now. 

14 hours ago, 2Spirals said:

I experience terrible memory loss. People will tell me things, and I will have no recollection of them doing so. Or they will talk about an event that we went to or that occurred and I won't remember it at all. Or I'll remember disjointed bits and peices of things that may have happened or that my mind may have just made up. It was scary at first but I"m used to it now. 

I just don't know if I'm just making mistakes or blanking out of always been spacey but it seems worse. Like I for get kinda parts of.my week an you better look at me an make sure I'm fully listen if not I will not remember one part of what you said