CrazyBoards.org

Well, after a battle I'm to warn out to share at the moment... I finally worked up the courage to flush a week's salary worth of dope. I've been on meth for longer that anyone knows and I'm going cold turkey! I also have work in the morning and a meeting with some investors after lunch... I'm honestly scared. Any advice? 

• Like 1

If you have a problem (e.g. withdrawals) and people do not know that you had an addiction problem, you could call in sick.  In that case, simply saying that you've suddenly come down with a bad case of the flu might suffice.  I'm sure this situation is kind of scary for you, but once you ride out any withdrawal symptoms (if you end up getting them), you'll be far better off away from the stuff.  Congratulations on getting rid of the stuff, it sounds like you have the courage to rid yourself of this vice for good.  As far as I know, they don't give people anything if they are in withdrawal from the stuff, and it's not physically dangerous to come off of it from the things I have read about it, after seeing your post. 

Wow. Congratulations.  

I don't know about meth withdrawal but from what I just read, the main issue is going to be your brain, not your body.  Some people get extreme feelings of everything from depression to aggression to fatigue.  

Are you in therapy?  Find a group or person somewhere as soon as possible. If you really really are ready to quit, do it!  You can do it. But don't make it harder than you need to. Going cold turkey off meth at home is not easy. Surround yourself with someone you can turn to at any moment.

Start a blog here on crazyboards. A daily blog or twice daily. Use a diary. Record all your feelings. Getting them out of your head and onto paper or into someone elses head will help.

Find a pdoc and get meds. YOu are obviously self-medicating for something. You deserve proper medication.

I have to go to work - distraction! another tool. 

• Like 2

Addiction services are covered now a days where in the past you were out of luck.  Check out whats available and congrats on starting to get this problem resolved.

How is it going?  I hope you're doing well!  If not, you'll be doing better after some time goes by.  After this, I read that it takes like a week or so sometimes for the withdrawals from meth to fully go away, sometimes two with heavy use.  After that, you'll be completely in the clear from what I have read.  Stay strong, you made the right decision. 

Edited by Steve223