CrazyBoards.org

So last night, I heard a distinct voice for the first time. She said, "My name is Jamie."

I've only ever heard gibberish up until now- random words and sounds strung together in a totally nonsensical way. 

I've only experienced auditory hallucinations for a year (almost to the day). I guess they could still be developing?

I'm just worried I'm going to start hearing this distinct voice all the time. I'm worried this means I'm getting worse. 

I had hallucinations for many years before being treated.  Personally, the earlier you tell your pdoc/tdoc and get a hold on the hallucinations, the better off you'll be.  If I had gotten help earlier I think I would be in another place in life right now.

I'm on 20 mgs of Abilify for the hallucinations. This feels like a breakthrough symptom, which I guess I'm interpreting as getting worse. I don't want to have to increase my meds again. The Abilify already makes me sleepy, even if I take it at night. My pdoc just increased my Adderall to combat that and other depressive symptoms. Could that be causing this new voice?

edit: I also am not formally diagnosed with schizophrenia or schizoaffective, just "psychosis". I don't want to , either. 

Edited by heilmania
Additional info

5 hours ago, heilmania said:

I'm on 20 mgs of Abilify for the hallucinations. This feels like a breakthrough symptom, which I guess I'm interpreting as getting worse. I don't want to have to increase my meds again. The Abilify already makes me sleepy, even if I take it at night. My pdoc just increased my Adderall to combat that and other depressive symptoms. Could that be causing this new voice?

edit: I also am not formally diagnosed with schizophrenia or schizoaffective, just "psychosis". I don't want to , either. 

Was the voice inside or outside of your head?  ie did the voice "think" to you or did you hear it as an out-loud voice?

(in bold) I don't know if the meds could be causing the new voice or not.

FWIW ... (I know I wrote some of this in the previous post I wrote here, but I just want to emphasize it and add more)

This is how it all started for me.  The inside voices, then the outside voices :

*I'm giving you an example of how it was like for me, in case you can relate to it, in terms of your own stuff going on.  Sometimes others experiences help me to understand things better*

Before anything happened, before the SZA diagnosis, the very first thing that happened was that "someone" was "thinking" to me in my head (inside voice and "thinking" to me) and I automatically answered, probably because it seemed conversation-like.  I automatically (after that) thought, 'Who is talking to me?"  Then I blew it off, not thinking much of it.  And then it all started.  I didn't hear voices outside of my head for awhile after that, but I was starting to talk out loud to the "people" (thinking) to me that really weren't there.  In the meantime I was getting visual cues that went along with the thoughts from people who were "thinking" to me (which I was still answering out loud ... eventually I had to learn to keep my mouth shut when thinking to people because it was getting to that point).

Then, the voices came on a few months later so fast (the outside voices which I could "hear.")  And that was the beginning of the "hearing" voices.

Anyway, my point is, if I had gotten treated immediately (before the audible outside voices came), nothing would have become ingrained.  For you, even hearing that one voice that said "My name is Jamie," I would tell that to your pdoc, so you can get treated early (if pdoc okays it).  I just can't emphasize this enough.

Sorry for the long post.  I hope you don't mind.  I just do not want to see you go through everything (similar) that i went through, all because I hid it for years before admitting it to pdoc.  Because by then it had become ingrained.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

Was the voice inside or outside of your head?  ie did the voice "think" to you or did you hear it as an out-loud voice?

(in bold) I don't know if the meds could be causing the new voice or not.

FWIW ... (I know I wrote some of this in the previous post I wrote here, but I just want to emphasize it and add more)

This is how it all started for me.  The inside voices, then the outside voices :

*I'm giving you an example of how it was like for me, in case you can relate to it, in terms of your own stuff going on.  Sometimes others experiences help me to understand things better*

Before anything happened, before the SZA diagnosis, the very first thing that happened was that "someone" was "thinking" to me in my head (inside voice and "thinking" to me) and I automatically answered, probably because it seemed conversation-like.  I automatically (after that) thought, 'Who is talking to me?"  Then I blew it off, not thinking much of it.  And then it all started.  I didn't hear voices outside of my head for awhile after that, but I was starting to talk out loud to the "people" (thinking) to me that really weren't there.  In the meantime I was getting visual cues that went along with the thoughts from people who were "thinking" to me (which I was still answering out loud ... eventually I had to learn to keep my mouth shut when thinking to people because it was getting to that point).

Then, the voices came on a few months later so fast (the outside voices which I could "hear.")  And that was the beginning of the "hearing" voices.

Anyway, my point is, if I had gotten treated immediately (before the audible outside voices came), nothing would have become ingrained.  For you, even hearing that one voice that said "My name is Jamie," I would tell that to your pdoc, so you can get treated early (if pdoc okays it).  I just can't emphasize this enough.

Sorry for the long post.  I hope you don't mind.  I just do not want to see you go through everything (similar) that i went through, all because I hid it for years before admitting it to pdoc.  Because by then it had become ingrained.

Thank you for your thorough post! I really appreciate it. I heard her speak in my mind. She sounded like she was just introducing herself. I will definitely talk to my pdoc about it. He is in on Thursday of next week, so I will try to remember to call him about it. Kind of frustrating that that is the only day he is in, but I know he'll answer the phone or get back to me that day. He's pretty good about that kind of stuff. He never forgets about me. Fingers crossed that "Jamie" doesn't stick around. Maybe if she's nice, it'll be okay, but I'm scared she won't be.