CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
jensenablez

is it wrong to have prejudices?

I must admit I don't like Arabs much, or doctors.  Arabs just seem savage and base, and they try and follow me around to say "he's bright! beat him!" haha.. i don't care to be honest, but then I like it since it shows how scummy they are. 

Short answer: yes. 

It's unfair to tar everyone with the same brush, that's how a lot of injustice happens. Prejudism spreads fear of other groups, particularly minorities but it works from everyone. It might have had a place once upon a time when the whole was a lot larger and factions and counties were constantly at war with each other, but it's becoming less and less needed in the modern day. We in the West like to think we're on the progressive edge the most, it seems hypocritical when you've got tiny people shooting homosexuals or telling foreigners to go back to their own countries.

I think it's more acceptable to hate states though, some have atrocious human rights, as arab countries tend to be and they don't want to lift a finger to help the needy. You see that with the refugee crisis from Syria. 

i am? hmmm....i see many posts of similar tone. perhaps it's your personality, and that you filter those whom you like to comment on anything. not very healthy, but cool, not my issue.

18 minutes ago, Southern Discomfort said:

Short answer: yes. 

It's unfair to tar everyone with the same brush, that's how a lot of injustice happens. Prejudism spreads fear of other groups, particularly minorities but it works from everyone. It might have had a place once upon a time when the whole was a lot larger and factions and counties were constantly at war with each other, but it's becoming less and less needed in the modern day. We in the West like to think we're on the progressive edge the most, it seems hypocritical when you've got tiny people shooting homosexuals or telling foreigners to go back to their own countries.

I think it's more acceptable to hate states though, some have atrocious human rights, as arab countries tend to be and they don't want to lift a finger to help the needy. You see that with the refugee crisis from Syria. 

there's nothing wrong with hypocrisy. and many people have prejudices, whether it's about different races, sexes, on looks, religion, etc. 

i've done nothing wrong.....all i've done is make a point, and you don't like it, since it's "beyond my scope". who defines what my scope is? i think it's me, not you.

I'll let you in on a little secret. This is not your board. We get to say what the scope is, not you.

You are free to think whatever you like in the privacy of your own sorry little head, but spout that bullshit here and you'll get your sad ass banned-oh look! You just did.

• Like 3