CrazyBoards.org

I cut today

Just now, Southern Discomfort said:

Recovery isn't often a straight road. You may have moments of recurrence. But I think seven months of no cutting is a tremendous feat and something you should be proud of, see if you can't improve on that. You're doing a really good job.

i didnt stop ant think how it affected my gf, i think she might leave me, im broken now and i dont know if i could keep going after that

Often with mental illness thinking about how it affects other people takes a back seat when you're just so caught up in a negative cycle. But it's not fault of our own. 

I'm not going to tart it up for you, seeing a loved one cut - or anything negative towards themselves - is a painful experience, and sometimes that person just can't take it anymore. But I think of your girlfriend is worth anything she'll be able to put this into perspective and see that you've done a really good job these past seven months, keeping away from cutting. There might initially be anger but hopefully she'll be able to see that this is no doubt a massive improvement from how it used to be. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Southern Discomfort said:

Often with mental illness thinking about how it affects other people takes a back seat when you're just so caught up in a negative cycle. But it's not fault of our own. 

I'm not going to tart it up for you, seeing a loved one cut - or anything negative towards themselves - is a painful experience, and sometimes that person just can't take it anymore. But I think of your girlfriend is worth anything she'll be able to put this into perspective and see that you've done a really good job these past seven months, keeping away from cutting. There might initially be anger but hopefully she'll be able to see that this is no doubt a massive improvement from how it used to be. 

16 hours ago, Rabbit37 said:

Asho, I'm sorry, mostly for how it's making you feel. Please try not to hate yourself.

Slipping happens, you're not alone. You're taking care of the wound, right? 

thanks Rabbit :) ,yeh i am, I've got it bandaged up

Edited by Asho2345

• 2 weeks later...